• Register
  • Help

Topic: GPO Finale

Share/Bookmark

GPO Finale

Has anyone succeeded in getting Garritan Personal Orchestra to work with Finale?

If so, I'd be enormously grateful if you could tell me how this can be set up in Mac OS X

Re: GPO Finale

Quote Originally Posted by bellmusic
    Has anyone succeeded in getting Garritan Personal Orchestra to work with Finale?

If so, I'd be enormously grateful if you could tell me how this can be set up in Mac OS X
    Make sure you're using GPO STUDIO, not the plain GPO. GPO Studio should appear in your Finale midi setup output choices. Make sure in Finale you've set internal speaker playback to off. Let me know if this doesn't help.

Jeff

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Turner
    Make sure you're using GPO STUDIO, not the plain GPO. GPO Studio should appear in your Finale midi setup output choices. Make sure in Finale you've set internal speaker playback to off. Let me know if this doesn't help.

Jeff
    Thanks Jeff, yes I wasn't using GPO Studio. It's now working beautitfully with Finale 2005b on my Mac (OS 10.3.8).

BUT. It seems I can only load 32 patches, 8 each for players 1,2,3 & 4. This is enough for a string section, including trem, pizz etc, but not much more. Is this really the limit with Finale aon a Mac?

John

John,

In Finale's midi setup window, GPO studio is one of the choices you see in the 4 "output" dialog boxes. When you click on the first box, that box assigns finale channels 1-8 to GPO Studio One.

Now, Shift-click on that same box. By shift-clicking you're assigning finale channels 9-16. Select a different GPO studio for this output. This is a weird prodcedure in Finale. But shift-clicking is the answer.

Jeff

Go Back to forum