• Register
  • Help

Topic: GPO Finale

Share/Bookmark

GPO Finale

I'm trying to use GPO with Finale, but can't get Finale to play back GPO sounds. In GPO I load sounds and assign them to Chanels 1,2 etc. I then in Finale set the instruments to match. But I don't hear them.

Re: GPO Finale

Could you please share the computer and version of Finale you are using?
    Jim

GPO, Finale 2006, Powermac Dual G4, 2 Gig ram, OS 10.4.1

Make sure:

1. You are using GPO Studio, not the standalone GPO player.

2. You have MIDI>MIDI setup, MIDI out device set to GPO studio 1.

3. In the Finale instrument list use channels 1 - 8

4. you are using HP set to Optimize for GPO, or that you haev entered some Mod wheel expressions in your score

You use Studio 2, 3, etc., by clicking on the advanced button in MIDI setup window and selecting the additional players - set Studio 2 to base channel 9, Studio 3 to base channel 16, and so on. In the instrument list, the GPO instrument loaded into the first slot on player 2 will play back on channel 9, slot 2 on channel 10 etc., the GPO instrument loaded into the first slot on player 3 will play back on channel 17, slot 2 on channel 18 etc.

This is all for the windows version of Finale, but if you use a Mac, it should still be pretty similar.
    Richard N.

Finale 2003 to 2007 ~ Garritan GPO, JABB & Strad ~ Sonar 6PE ~ Kontakt 2 ~ WinXP Home SP2

Athlon XP 2200 ~ 1.5 Gb RAM ~ M-Audio Sound Card ~ M-Audio 88ES MIDI keyboard ~ Evolution MK-461C

Bach Strad LT16MG, LT36G, 42B + B&H Sovereign Studio Tenor Trombones ~ Holton 181 Bass Trombone ~ Getzen Bass Trumpet ~ Yamaha TR4335G Trumpet ~ B&H Euphonium

I am having the same problem. I bought GPO a month ago and haven't been able to get playback doing all the setup things I'm told to do using Finale 2005. The problem seems to be with a change-over from the SmartMusic sound font to get the open GPO "sound font" working with it. I just want to find someone here in New York City to come over and tutor me. Not interested in tech problems.
    Adrian Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by bellmusic
    I'm trying to use GPO with Finale, but can't get Finale to play back GPO sounds. In GPO I load sounds and assign them to Chanels 1,2 etc. I then in Finale set the instruments to match. But I don't hear them.

Go Back to forum