• Register
  • Help

Topic: A bunch of GPO goodness on my ACIDPlanet video page

Share/Bookmark

Smile A bunch of GPO goodness on my ACIDPlanet video page

Here's a link to some credited work that I recently completed. There will be four more cues going up later this month, after the final dub is complete and I get a chance to render some clips from the final screener DVD. Until then, there are a few cues from "Sharkskin 6" which just sold into distribution with a major studio (can't say who until it's announced by the filmmaker) as well as a student film that I'm really proud of and some music beds that go along with some underwater videography that is little short of stunning.

Feel free to leave ratings and remarks. There are some details about the instruments and applications used within the descriptions of each clip, but if you want to get greater detail on how something was pulled off - please feel free to post a reply here and I'll get to it as soon as I can. Thanks for watching and listening!

BTW, the site has both Windows Media and Real Video formats in it, but I'm not sure precisely how that's handled for Mac folks. If someone wants to give me some feedback on their experience with this site on the Apple platform, I'd be glad to hear about it.

http://www.acidplanet.com/artist.asp...=354151&T=3404

Best,
    Houston Haynes - Titan Line Music

Re: A bunch of GPO goodness on my ACIDPlanet video page

Wow Houston, this great all around, both the music and the visuals. If I didn't know better, I would have thought they heard this great music and decided to get some some cool underwater footage to go with it. Good stuff.
    Tim

Houston.

This is incredible! First, Congratulations on the distribution with a major studio.

All three cues were marvelous. The music fit the films perfectly. The Manta Ray cue provided aural floating sensation to match the graceful flaps of the Manta (nice harp and pizz). The Sharks cue was well done (could also be a theme for lawyers). The humpback whale cue captured the grandeur of this magnificant creature.

The underwater videography was breathtaking. And excellent use of GPO.

Thanks for posting these. I think many others will enjoy these.

Gary Garritan

very cool Houston
    dpDan

Exclamation Re: A bunch of GPO goodness on my ACIDPlanet video page

Thanks, folks - I *didn't* know that each person had to create an ACIDPlanet profile in order to see all of the clips I've uploaded. Being the thorough QA guy that I (sometimes) am, I decided to check out the page from my other machine where I had never logged in to ACIDPlanet, just to see what the experience is like by following the link from this thread. Low and behold, the links to the student film and Sharkskin 6 are withheld unless and until you sign up and log in.

As it turns out, their ratings system forces you to log in to see anything that's not "G" rated. It's a pretty smart legal move, but a PITA for those of us who want simple convenience. Heh. Anyway, I dropped the ratings on the others to "G" so that you can pick them off of the videos listing without having to log in. Enjoy, and thanks again for the positive feedback.

Houston,

These clips are just wonderful. Thank you so much for sharing these. Your skill and mastery of GPO and the related components of music production is stellar.

Congratulations,

Karl

Wow. Beautiful. I sent the link to the sharks to my wife, who is a shark scientist.

What was the instrumentation for the humpback whales? It was gorgeous.

BTW, works fine on my Mac with Windows Media Player.

Quote Originally Posted by Garritan
    The Sharks cue was well done (could also be a theme for lawyers).
    Ah, come on, that's an insult to sharks! (someone had to say it...)

Post Re: A bunch of GPO goodness on my ACIDPlanet video page

For the whales tune I used GPO Sordino (muted) strings at the beginning - trills in the middle, and Short&Sustain at the end (low velocity values legato to get a nice long bowing effect). The middle section has some woodwind (bass clari and bassoon) as well as low brass (trombone and contrabass tuba). Throughout the piece I used Celesta, Harp, and Harp Harmonics (maybe some glock and marimba too - can't remember off-hand). Oh, and of course percussion - timpani, bass drumm (BOOM!) and chimes. There's also a smattering of the Embracer pad synth from Steinberg (comes bundled with SX3 and Nuendo 3 - a great little synth that has a lot of potential).

Thanks again for the kudos - it was gratifying to write these tunes, and nice to hear kind feedback.

H3

Go Back to forum