• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Kontakt scream of Death!!!

Share/Bookmark

Kontakt scream of Death!!!

Do you guys ever get the "Scream of death" from Kontakt ?

Both in the Standalone version and the DXi in Sonar, sometimes ( especially when it crashes because of a bad DFD moment ) a very small portion of a note gets stuck and looped making a loud squeeky sound like a buzz/saw wave .

Midi reset button does not get rid of it so i gotta restart each time.

Any idea's ?
    Theo Krueger - Composer

www.TheoKrueger.com

Kontakt 2 Scripts

Re: Kontakt scream of Death!!!

Could it be . . . . . .. . . SATAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN!

(sorry, I am getting a little giddy).

jeffn1
    For original progressive electronic rock influenced by J.S. Bach and (old) Rush, check out: www.soundclick.com/jeffreynaness.

I have that too with DFD. Makes me jump every time I hear that loud sound

Kompakt never does it.

Using DFD i get sounds more like Jackhammer of death, and Bad cable TV static of death, and a variety of clinks and clanks . But if i say...open a project and then bring up the kompakt/kontakt plugin window while the project is playing it screams like you describe.

I get a burst of irritating white noise if I'm messing around while I'm loading a sample into Kompakt.. never happened with Kontakt. Otherwise, no.

I had a horrible case of it. I told Sonar to render my current MIDI work. I left for about 15 minutes, because it would have taken a few to realize. When I got back, it was screeching at the top of its lungs. It hurt my ears. I am still trying to figure out what the hell hapened.

Beeson

I get it. Not sure if there's any relation, but it started after I upgraded Kontakt and changed the memory swapping option (Hayden's hint) to speed kontakt/sample load times. Only way to stop it is to close the project. Scream of death is a perfect name for it.

Kontakt 2 is sipping in ten days' time. Maybe the problem will go away.

Quote Originally Posted by Joanne Babunovic
    I get it. Not sure if there's any relation, but it started after I upgraded Kontakt and changed the memory swapping option (Hayden's hint) to speed kontakt/sample load times. Only way to stop it is to close the project. Scream of death is a perfect name for it.
    Even when you close the project it doesn't stop ! It's so bad for my health , everytime it happens i have to restart and light a cigarrete while waiting.

Jo , what is Hayden's Swap hint by the way ? Do you have any idea where i can read about it ?
    Theo Krueger - Composer

www.TheoKrueger.com

Kontakt 2 Scripts

Hey Jeffn1 here's an OT .

I really enjoyed your tracks on Cdbaby . Really good stuff and rich compositions , busy music as i like it

Keep it up
    Theo Krueger - Composer

www.TheoKrueger.com

Kontakt 2 Scripts

Go Back to forum