• Register
  • Help

Topic: MIDI Files for Peter and the Wolf

Share/Bookmark

MIDI Files for Peter and the Wolf

I promised to post the midi files for Peter and the wolf for anyone who might have the time and energy to wade through them. So here they are. There are a lot of short files since I sequenced them in sections, converted each to audio and pasted the audio into the complete work. Each file is titled according to the rehearsal number in the score.

Overture was used to create a sketch of the notes in the appropriate instruments. Then I saved these sketches to midi files (not the ones below) and imported them into DP where all the data was drawn in. The midi files below are the one's from DP before they were recorded into audio. Some of the files have more than one number e.g. 36,37,38. would be for the three rehearsal numbers that the file covers.

I will first include the audio file for reference. I’m sorry that I didn't get a chance to use the actual times for the file names. I know it would have made it easier for you, but I wanted to get these up here and we are extremely busy right now and I was afraid that if I waited to do that I might not get them up at all.

One other thing… I was going to post the Overture files, but decided not to. There are some missing files, and since once they were converted into midi, I didn't need them some of them were deleted. Since I wrote the Overture files rather quickly there were quite a few mistakes, which were fixed in DP. So I don't think anyone would gain very much from seing them.

Below is an audio file for reference and the midi files. Have fun playing with them.

Peter and the Wolf audio for reference

Peter 1
    Peter 2,3
    Peter 4,5
    Peter 6
    Peter 7

Peter 8
    Peter 9,10
    Peter 11,12
    Peter 13
    Peter 14

Peter 15,16
    Peter 17
    Peter 18
    Peter 19
    Peter 20

Peter 21,22
    Peter 23
    Peter 24
    Peter 25,26
    Peter 27

Peter 28,29
    Peter 30
    Peter 31
    Peter 32
    Peter 33

Peter 34
    Peter 35,36,37
    Peter 38,39,40
    Peter 41,42
    Peter 43

Peter 44
    Peter 45
    Peter 46,37
    Peter 48
    Peter 49,50

Peter 51,52
    Peter 53,54

Thank You,

Karl

Re: MIDI Files for Peter and the Wolf

Karl,

Are all of these files for download only because none of them will stream, maybe because you have a space in the title and mydocsonline won't accept it.

Regards,

Larry A.
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Quote Originally Posted by Karl Garrett
    I promised to post the midi files for Peter and the Wolf . . . I will first include the audio file for reference . . .
    Peter and the Wolf (audio file)
    Karl, is the above file really supposed to be an audio file? It is a MIDI file, named "Peter 53,54.mid".

Thank you for your interest and I hope you have fun exploring them.
    Karl - thank you VERY much for taking the time to post these! I look forward to looking at these files in DP.

BTW, I found that 10 of your files were misnamed (missing the ".mid" extension, or a RETURN inserted in the name, causing it to download with a filename of ">". I've corrected (I think) those 10 file names for others:

Peter 11,12
    Peter 18
    Peter 21,22
    Peter 25,26
    Peter 27
    Peter 28,29
    Peter 35,36,37
    Peter 38,39,40
    Peter 45
    Peter 48

Again, thanks very much Karl. I'm sure I'll have some questions for you along the way.

David

Quote Originally Posted by Larry G. Alexander
    Karl,

Are all of these files for download only because none of them will stream, maybe because you have a space in the title and mydocsonline won't accept it.

Regards,

Larry A.
    i thought I got rid of most of the spaces. I forget that PCs don't like spaces. It's a hangup we Mac guys have. Will check on it later tonight.

There is a test midi file in the first post. Will someone with a pc download it and give it a run? It works for me but sounds pretty nasty. Once it's load into your sequencer and the GPO instruments added, it should hopefully sound OK.

Thanks David for pointing out the offending critters.

Karl

OOPS!!

I have found on a number of the files that the tracks were all there, but there is often little if any data. I can't tell you why. I just assumed that dp would write a good midi file and didn't test any of them. This is more than I can do tonight. I'll test each one and if it is OK will edit my original post adding the new files.

I'll be pretty busy for the next few days but will post them as I get time.

I'm very sorry for any inconvience this might have caused.

Karl

OOPS!!
    I have found on a number of the files that the tracks were all there, but there is often little if any data. I can't tell you why. I just assumed that dp would write a good midi file and didn't test any of them. This is more than I can do tonight. I'll test each one and if it is OK will edit my original post adding the new files.
    Hi Karl.

I think the "bad" MIDI files are the following, if it's any help:

18, 25-27, 30-45, and 48-54

David

The midi files above in my original post are all working properly, and should load for you with no trouble. The original files from 30 on had no data in them except the conductor track data. I have no idea why. I made some changes in the DP files that fixed the problem, but for the life of me I don't know what I did. Just the results of a lot of clicking and a little prayer.

Thank you all for your patients.

Karl

Go Back to forum