• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: GPO COMPOSITION ACADEMY: THE DEMAND-OFFER SHOW-CASE

Share/Bookmark

Exclamation GPO COMPOSITION ACADEMY: THE DEMAND-OFFER SHOW-CASE

Hi Accademics,
    in this thread we will collect a free brainstorming of a quick demand-offer database:

Teachers:
    available for lectures, for one to one lessons....
    specialized in..... or offering experience in.....

Students:
    intersted in....
    available to post curriculum later, in the form we are preparing.

The single member may be contemporarly teacher and student at different levels or on different matter.

Thanks.

Re: GPO COMPOSITION ACADEMY: THE DEMAND-OFFER SHOW-CASE

Fabio,

I'm willing to give some classes on theory (basic and advanced) compositional practices, and maybe some music history.

Anyone interested?

Jonny
    For more information, check out www.jonathoncox.com/intro.html

"The trouble with music appreciation in general is that people are taught to have too much respect for music they should be taught to love it instead." - Igor Stravinsky

As a student, I'd be interested in intermediate to advanced theory; orchestration; jazz composition (when the new lib comes out!); and, well, pretty much everything.

What about using dynamics properly? Are there rules or is it free for all? I have trouble with these!

Fabio,

Great idea! This will be very valuable to many musicians.

Count me in too! Theory, orchestration and harp lessons

Thank you for providing this valuable resource.

Gary Garritan

Teacher: offering help in orchestration, MIDI techniques, percussion.

Student: of everything else!
    Steve A. Gallant

www.SteveGallant.com

Teacher – I can offer elementary theory. I’m talking for people who think they know what a triad is but aren’t really sure what photography equipment has to do with music . I’d be willing to take small groups or do one-on-one.

A little more seriously, I would use Imogen Holst’s book ABC of Music as a kind of text book (don’t worry, it’s about $10). This is a good intro to music notation, counterpoint and harmony in a historical setting, i.e., a good intro to classical music in general. I would supplement it from my own reading and post examples in pdf and midi form.

Student – I’m interested in form, counterpoint, advanced harmony, orchestration, and notation. Also I’d like more in-depth, honest critiques of music I write.
    Trent P. McDonald

Fabio,

Great idea, man. Down the line, after you get things going, perhaps we can do a TCC show featuring the work of everyone's students.
    Christopher Duncan
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Author of
    Unite the Tribes and The Career Programmer
    www.PracticalUSA.com

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Duncan
    Fabio,

Great idea, man. Down the line, after you get things going, perhaps we can do a TCC show featuring the work of everyone's students.
    Good idea...could make an interesting show.

Fabio,

As a student, I am interested in:

1) Counterpoint (Fux, Jeppesen, or whomever - I have been working my way thru Peter Schubert's "Modal Counterpoint, Renaissance Style"). I'm really more interested in Medieval v.s. Renaissance, but either one is fine.

2) "advanced" MIDI - or maybe not so "advanced". :-) I know about "note on/note off" and velocity...didn't know about "modulation" curves until I got GPO and worked thru some of the tutorials...and still don't have a clue about any of the rest of the midi controls.

3) Basic Mixing - my GPO contest piece was submitted straight out of GPO using its "record" feature becuase I didn't have time to figure out the bundled Cubasis or my own Cakewalk Home Studio. I'm a little better off now, but not much!

4) More advanced theory and harmony, especially quartal harmony and so-called "non-functional harmony".

I realize we can't do all of these, but any one of them would be great!

Go Back to forum