• Register
  • Help

Topic: OT: Another Question About Making VST Effects

Share/Bookmark

OT: Another Question About Making VST Effects

Hey guys,

I know I've been getting off topic quite a bit here lately, but I'm still have a few questions. Joseph, I downloaded Synthedit and installed it. I got a chance to go through the tutorials today. I think it should do what I need it to do. Thanks for telling me about it.

So my question is does anyone know what components usually make up basic guitar VST effects like distortion, overdrive, wah, flange, volume, and reverb? Hmm, maybe that's not such an easy question. Maybe if someone could give me a shove in the right direction.

Does anyone know of any sites where I might be able to find this stuff out. Am I making any sense? Why do my dogs have more sweaters than I do? Why is that Time to make the donuts guy always worried about making donuts? Oh sorry, I got of on a tangent! Seriously, any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
    Jonny

OK, that's like twelve questions!!
    For more information, check out www.jonathoncox.com/intro.html

"The trouble with music appreciation in general is that people are taught to have too much respect for music they should be taught to love it instead." - Igor Stravinsky

Re: OT: Another Question About Making VST Effects

Quote Originally Posted by Jonny Lost
    Why do my dogs have more sweaters than I do? Why is that Time to make the donuts guy always worried about making donuts?
    Dude,

You've been hanging out with Styxx waaaay too long!
    Christopher Duncan
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Author of
    Unite the Tribes and The Career Programmer
    www.PracticalUSA.com

Oh dear GOD!! Your right. He's rubbing off on me!! Next thing, I'll be talking like Popeye!!
    For more information, check out www.jonathoncox.com/intro.html

"The trouble with music appreciation in general is that people are taught to have too much respect for music they should be taught to love it instead." - Igor Stravinsky

On a more serious note, other than doing the RTFM thing on the VST APIs, I don't have much experience with this particular technology. Let me know whn you come up with something cool, though!
    Christopher Duncan
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Author of
    Unite the Tribes and The Career Programmer
    www.PracticalUSA.com

Go Back to forum