• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: Scarbee Vintage Keyboard Collection VSTi

Share/Bookmark

Question Scarbee Vintage Keyboard Collection VSTi

Does anyone know if this product has actually been released? Looks terrific, but apart from the release announcement on the Scarbee home page, I can't seem to find a price or place to buy it. Did I miss something in my speed read? Also curious about HALion as the player...interesting choice but not the obvious one, to me at least.

Sorry if this is posted on the wrong forum, but it seems as much like a library as a VSTi and this group has a lot more posts and readers.

Re: Scarbee Vintage Keyboard Collection VSTi

I am sure Scarbee will announce the release here, given he already advertises on this forum. The Winter NAMM announcement states "1Q 2005".
    http://namm.harmony-central.com/WNAM...-Coll-ins.html

I assume the rationale for use of the Halion player has to do with copyright protection. The Halion player instruments use the Steinberg USB Key (dongle) protection system (as do all of Steinberg's latest products).
    http://namm.harmony-central.com/WNAM...nberg-Key.html

P.S. - I wish he would reconsider and release the Clav library in GS3 format.

Yes, Kontakt format for me here.

I had the money set aside for the VKC + FX plugin, but after I found out it was a USB enabled solution.... Its not worth my hassle unfortunately..

Hardcore shame too, as his stuff is the best on the market hands down for this sort of thing.

Who knows, maybe one day I'll break down and have to have it

Quote Originally Posted by Clink
    Sorry if this is posted on the wrong forum, but it seems as much like a library as a VSTi and this group has a lot more posts and readers.
    Yeah I've started posting All my threads here even the dreaded OT ones, since its the one everyone reads the most. I say lets get rid of most the other forums... jk

The new HALion 3.1 streaming engine is fan-freaking-tastic, so I can imagine that the player technology will take advantage of it too. I'm getting the OEM player for my second PC and will be getting the SCARBEE library with my next round of studio upgrades. This is a good time to be alive.
    Houston Haynes - Titan Line Music

Quote Originally Posted by TheLastCrusader
    ..but after I found out it was a USB enabled solution.... Its not worth my hassle unfortunately..
    I predict that hardware protection schemes like Steinberg USB Key are the future. While "casual copying" has decreased due to challenge/response protection systems, these can be easily broken. To my knowledge, this is not true of the hardware-based protection systems.

Given I own all of Scarbee's libraries and can take advantage of his promised "upgrade" offer (where you buy the VSTi at the price that the Clav would have cost if it was released on its own), I will probably "take the plunge".

Quote Originally Posted by Martin Hines
    While "casual copying" has decreased due to challenge/response protection systems, these can be easily broken. To my knowledge, this is not true of the hardware-based protection systems.
    Like all CP schemes, hardware-based protection systems are easily circumvented.
    In fact, I know a registered user of Nuendo who, after many problems with his hardware dongle (and sub-standard support from Steinberg), chose instead to use a small file called a "dongle emulator," which is a fancy way of saying "crack." (And now he says his system works just fine.)

Quote Originally Posted by XanaX
    Like all CP schemes, hardware-based protection systems are easily circumvented.
    In fact, I know a registered user of Nuendo who, after many problems with his hardware dongle (and sub-standard support from Steinberg), chose instead to use a small file called a "dongle emulator," which is a fancy way of saying "crack." (And now he says his system works just fine.)
    This is the period in which we gotta say "which version of Nuendo". I doubt very seriously that the Nu3 dongle can be emulated. Besides, this is a tad bit of a red herring. I didn't make my statement in order to assert that hardware encrytion is inherently better than C/R (although I do think that it is a better option - that was not my point) but rather that since HALion has a way to provide a highly efficient delivery platform that can also be secure, it is and should be a compelling option for developers.
    Houston Haynes - Titan Line Music

Quote Originally Posted by Houston Haynes
    This is the period in which we gotta say "which version of Nuendo". I doubt very seriously that the Nu3 dongle can be emulated. Besides, this is a tad bit of a red herring. I didn't make my statement in order to assert that hardware encrytion is inherently better than C/R (although I do think that it is a better option - that was not my point) but rather that since HALion has a way to provide a highly efficient delivery platform that can also be secure, it is and should be a compelling option for developers.
    This was awhile ago, so it's safe to assume it was pre-Nuendo 3.

Since I have no agenda whatsoever, your red herring comment is quite peculiar. But since you bring it up: I happen to prefer C/R.

Why is it that visions of Will Ferrell on SNL leading a cheer for HALion come to mind?

Thanks for the links and additional info. At $449 for all those libraries, plus the FX and convenience of all-in-one packaging and programming, it sounds irresistable...as much as I HATE dongles, I'll probably buy it. I don't imagine we'll see a group buy on this in the near future

Go Back to forum