• Register
  • Help
Results 1 to 6 of 6

Topic: Logic 7 and GPO Crash - Repeatable!

Share/Bookmark
  1. #1

    Logic 7 and GPO Crash - Repeatable!

    Can anyone else confirm this CRASH I'm getting? I'm using the latest build of GPO for Mac, Logic 7.01 on a Dual G5.

    Load Logic - blank song.
    Load a single instance of GPO into a "Mono" track.
    Load an instrument into the first slot in GPO.
    Play a note.
    Crash.

    Perhaps the Kontakt player only wants to live on a "stereo" track?

  2. #2

    Re: Logic 7 and GPO Crash - Repeatable!

    Did you find an answer to your problem? Cause I have the same and I don't know what's wrong!

    Jacbrass

  3. #3

    Re: Logic 7 and GPO Crash - Repeatable!

    Quote Originally Posted by Symbiotic
    Can anyone else confirm this CRASH I'm getting? I'm using the latest build of GPO for Mac, Logic 7.01 on a Dual G5.

    Load Logic - blank song.
    Load a single instance of GPO into a "Mono" track.
    Load an instrument into the first slot in GPO.
    Play a note.
    Crash.

    Perhaps the Kontakt player only wants to live on a "stereo" track?
    Hi folks,

    I can confirm that this is definitely a repeatable problem on a G4 with Panther. My guess is, however it is a problem with logic, since the Kontakt player works fine in DP in mono. I suspect as you say, we are just restricted to using GPO in stereo until a workaround or a fix can be found.

    I will report this to NI.

    Are other Logic users experiencing this problem?

    Thanks for making us aware this feature.

    Karl

  4. #4

    Re: Logic 7 and GPO Crash - Repeatable!

    Wow! This is my first ever visit to these forums, (fora?), and I get immediate relief. I've been crashing Logic for two nights straight, and I was blaming myself for updating to 10.4.2 and Logic 7.1.1.

    To answer your question, Karl: I have been smacking my head against the wall with this, BIG TIME. I just tried loading stereo samples and now I don't have the problem at all.


    Thanks,
    Gentleman Jim

  5. #5

    Re: Logic 7 and GPO Crash - Repeatable!

    Quote Originally Posted by Gentleman Jim
    Wow! This is my first ever visit to these forums, (fora?), and I get immediate relief. I've been crashing Logic for two nights straight, and I was blaming myself for updating to 10.4.2 and Logic 7.1.1.

    To answer your question, Karl: I have been smacking my head against the wall with this, BIG TIME. I just tried loading stereo samples and now I don't have the problem at all.


    Thanks,
    Gentleman Jim
    Jim,

    I'm glad I could help. If you run into any other problems with GPO on your Mac, don't hesitate to ask here or call or email me as listed on the sticky above.

    Karl

  6. #6

    Re: Logic 7 and GPO Crash - Repeatable!

    Quote Originally Posted by Karl Garrett
    Jim,

    I'm glad I could help. If you run into any other problems with GPO on your Mac, don't hesitate to ask here or call or email me as listed on the sticky above.

    Karl
    genius karl

    just looked at this forum after getting no reply from NI re GPO.
    now that i am loading stereo files my problems of logic crashes for the last month is over thanks!!!

    Pieter

Go Back to forum

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •