• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 28

Topic: GPO User's COMPOSITION ACADEMY?

Share/Bookmark
  1. #1

    Lightbulb GPO User's COMPOSITION ACADEMY?

    Hi Community,
    after some day of deep immersion in the nice world of our community, I understand that an incredible mix of really expert and educated musicians is living together with talented amators and hobbists.

    Thinking to my past of music Teacher, and finding useful and deep suggestions of senior members, I'm wondering if we can create a sistematic place where who want studying seriously or light&funny, everything or only a specific detail about composition, and doesn't have a true professor (because of money, or time, or whatever reason) will find a tutor, or even better, a tutor's team ready to support his learning will.

    I was maybe (no,...certainly..;-)) a better teacher than composer (because of very good results of my pupils), but I'm sure that somebody else here is available to partecipate.

    What do you think about?

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Wilton, NH
    Posts
    2,450

    Re: GPO User's COMPOSITION ACADEMY?

    It sounds like a great idea. I’m assuming you would mean off-line (like e-mails, instant messaging, etc.). It might not be as good as face-to-face, but it could work.

    That is, it would work if people are willing to give the time to somebody they have never met except for on-line. I would volunteer to help but I would be signing up as a student, not an instructor/mentor.
    Trent P. McDonald

  3. #3

    Thumbs up Re: GPO User's COMPOSITION ACADEMY?

    Quote Originally Posted by trentpmcd
    It sounds like a great idea. I’m assuming you would mean off-line (like e-mails, instant messaging, etc.). It might not be as good as face-to-face, but it could work.

    That is, it would work if people are willing to give the time to somebody they have never met except for on-line. I would volunteer to help but I would be signing up as a student, not an instructor/mentor.
    Yes of course: a "virtual" place, as this whole forum is.

    Just a little more specific and personal, if somebody want be more specific and personal about some technical detail, or a whole class (harmony? Counterpoint? form?)

    I imagine that a workshop of innovative summarizing and different approach will be the result, instead of traditional school programs.

  4. #4

    Re: GPO User's COMPOSITION ACADEMY?

    Wow, what a great idea! I know nothing about theory but would love to learn...I don't have time/money for a teacher, but a virtual classroom would really 'hit the spot'.

  5. #5

    Re: GPO User's COMPOSITION ACADEMY?

    Sounds like a splendid idea to me. GPO Radio, GPO Composition School, what's next?

  6. #6

    Re: GPO User's COMPOSITION ACADEMY?

    Quote Originally Posted by Joseph Burrell
    Sounds like a splendid idea to me. GPO Radio, GPO Composition School, what's next?
    I look forward to the GPO theme park! (And I don't have any time to edit up a picture right now )

    But this would be an awesome idea! I would definitely be a student . . .
    Sean Patrick Hannifin
    My MP3s | My Melody Generator | my album
    "serious music" ... as if the rest of us are just kidding

  7. #7

    Re: GPO User's COMPOSITION ACADEMY?

    Sounds great to me!! I need all of the help that I can get.

  8. #8

    Lightbulb Re: GPO User's COMPOSITION ACADEMY?

    Quote Originally Posted by Fabio
    Hi Community,
    after some day of deep immersion in the nice world of our community, I understand that an incredible mix of really expert and educated musicians is living together with talented amators and hobbists.

    Thinking to my past of music Teacher, and finding useful and deep suggestions of senior members, I'm wondering if we can create a sistematic place where who want studying seriously or light&funny, everything or only a specific detail about composition, and doesn't have a true professor (because of money, or time, or whatever reason) will find a tutor, or even better, a tutor's team ready to support his learning will.

    I was maybe (no,...certainly..;-)) a better teacher than composer (because of very good results of my pupils), but I'm sure that somebody else here is available to partecipate.

    What do you think about?
    Great Fabio!!!
    It would be really fine!!!
    I need of teachers that make me learn more about music.
    I have never studied it in depth.
    I would appreciate this thing very much.
    Ciao Fabio.

  9. #9

    Thumbs up Re: GPO User's COMPOSITION ACADEMY?

    Excellent,
    then it seems that I'm ready to create my first register of students...but...

    WHAT ABOUT TEACHERS? I'm available of course, nobody else?

    ...please let me know, voluntary wanted...

    My promise is that by the end of this week we will begin.

  10. #10

    Re: GPO User's COMPOSITION ACADEMY?

    Quote Originally Posted by Fabio
    Excellent,
    My promise is that by the end of this week we will begin.
    Yes...I would be very interested in such a thing, as a student of course. I have been studying counterpoint on my own and would welcome a chance for something other that "self-critique".

Go Back to forum

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •