• Register
  • Help

Topic: What's all this about Gigastudio 3.0 Symphony?

Share/Bookmark

Question What's all this about Gigastudio 3.0 Symphony?

What's all this about Gigastudio 3.0 Symphony that everyone's talking about? I checked the Tascam website and didn't see anything about it. Tell me about it. What's difference between it and GS3 Orchestra, Enseamble, and Solo?

Chris

Re: What's all this about Gigastudio 3.0 Symphony?

It's the Vienna Giga Symphony...

http://www.tascamgiga.com/libraries.html

-JF

Quote Originally Posted by cptexas
    What's all this about Gigastudio 3.0 Symphony that everyone's talking about?
    It is simply the name that Tascam has given a set of content they purchased from VSL. It only comes with the GS3 Orchestral edition.

While it is nice, it is not a substitute for the "real" VSL libraries (OPUS 1, First Edition, Pro Edition).

All samplers come with some amount of content. Most of it is really "teaser" content from sample library developers who would like you to buy their real content.

Ahhhh!!!!
    I see!
    I thought it was a bigger, better version of GS3 Orchestra with, say, 12 ports instead of 8, or the 64-bit version or something like that.
    So every GS3 Orchestra comes with a Gigasymphony?

Quote Originally Posted by cptexas
    So every GS3 Orchestra comes with a Gigasymphony?
    As Jon mentioned above:

if you scroll down the page you can see which content comes with each version of GigaStudio.

I would personally recommend GS Orchestra, since it is the only version that comes with GigaPulse Pro, which allows you to use GigaPulse impulses on any Giga library (the other GS versions only allow "embedded" impulses to be used -- i.e. the library has to have the impulses already embedded inside)

Quote Originally Posted by JonFairhurst
    It's the Vienna Giga Symphony...

-JF
    Are there any demos that one can listen to?
    Specifically Giga 3 and the included Vienna?

Anything by users would be great also.

Thanks,

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by Steve_Karl
    Are there any demos that one can listen to?
    Specifically Giga 3 and the included Vienna?

Anything by users would be great also.

Thanks,

Steve
    Hi Steve,
    here are a few snippets from my rendition of Clara Schumann's Piano Concerto In A Minor, Opus 7 that I did for a client who is a GPO owner and also has Digital Performer. He hired me to replicate a particular audio CD recording of a real orchestra performing this piece. He will use this GOS/GPO "track" to play along with. I can't say that this one was done by ear, I am learning how to read music, but My Mom (bless her heart) played in much of the parts. Of course, thanks to Digital Performer and all of it's incredible features that allowed this 22 minute piece to be completed in a little over two weeks.

The piano that you hear going in and out in these MP3 demos is the piano from the audio CD recording of the "real orchestra". As soon as the GOS/GPO Orchestra comes in, I turn the piano way down. All sounds are Garritan except the timpani which is from Vienna demos included with Gigastudio GS3 Orchestra.

The track named "compare and save" is crossfading quickly between me and the real recording. Have a listen... it shows just how close GPO and GOS can come to replacing a real "recorded" orchestra.

The client will send me the stereo recording of himself playing the piece on his Uncle's huge real grand piano in New York late March, at which time I will add this in, then it will be done!

GOS is so amazing, the alternating up/down bows are to die for, not to mention the amazing selection of articulations. Thank you Gary!

snippet 1
    snippet 2
    snippet 3
    snippet 4
    snippet 5
    compare and save

dpDan

I like the oboe in snippet 1.
    Great sound. GOS and GPO really do go great together, I can imagine. (I don't have GOS, just GPO)

Chris

Go Back to forum