• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast

Topic: New Project6 demo: Dumptruck

Share/Bookmark

New Project6 demo: Dumptruck

Hi all!! Francis is threatening to post this so I'll beat him to it

This is mostly straight Project6, just a little chorus and echo added. The lead guitar has an extra guitar amp sim put on it for extra fuzz. Drums are by DFHS.

I still want to tweak on the guitar lead sections a bit- I only had a couple hours yesterday to get into this. The two things that are the most amazing about project6 are the rhythm guitars- obviously - and the way sustained notes scream on the lead patches. You can do real whammy bar stuff and it doesn't just lay there when you hold a note like other sample guitars I've played with. So here it is- work in progress, yadda yadaa yadaa Enjoy!

Dumptruck 2.6Mb, 2:00

EDIT- I just replaced the above link with a second version that I'm happier with. The mix is a bit fatter and the lead flows a bit better IMO.

EDIT- link replaced again with official final version mastered by Frank B!

Re: New Project6 demo: Dumptruck

This is simply great. I'm just waiting for those guitarists to comment, who claim 'oh, you cant fool me'.

I'm not a real guitar player but there are still a few places I can still tell but MAN does that close the gap even more! Where is this project thing available at?...Did I miss a group buy on it?...It's really cool! Oh....Very awesome demo too....What bass guitar did you use?...

Great demo Fred!
    The rhythm guitars sure fooled me. The leads however aren't 100% in tune with the rest of the instruments. I think a real guitar player would try to correct the bending with his hearing. The playing of the lead sounds pretty realistic though.

Banned

Awesome! I'm listening on craptop speakers, but it sounds great. The bends in the lead are rather synthy, but I love it! Can't wait for my Bob Dylan edition!!!!

- Stefan

Well, I'm just a listener. And honestly, 99% of the worlds 'listening' audience wouldn't know this from the real thing. So I think Frank accomplished his goal. All the guitar players can tell you whether or not it hits the last 1% or not, but only they could tell.

Thumbs up Re: New Project6 demo: Dumptruck

Fred!

It sounds like Big Al! Wow! I love it!!!!

I was just playing with the FX last night! And those picking notes are soooo sweet! The chords are thunder!

I cannot tell you how much I appreciate the irony of being a drummer, who lost jobs in the late 80’s to drum machines, who is now sequencing guitar parts 20 years later…..MUHAHAHAHA!

I have gained new respect for guitar players though…I…What am I saying? I swore I would never use those two words in a sentence.
    Just kidding..

"So what if some parts of life are a crap shoot? Get out there and shoot the crap." -- Neil Peart
    Hint:1.6180339887498948482 Φ

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Brian2112
    I have gained new respect for guitar players though…I…What am I saying? I swore I would never use those two words in a sentence.
    Just kidding..

Respect the guitar, not the player... Then you're in the clear!

Hey, what am I saying? I'm a guitar player!

:P

- Stefan

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph Burrell
    So I think Frank accomplished his goal.
    I agree. 100%.

- Stefan

Quote Originally Posted by Brian2112
    Fred!
    Just kidding..

Hey!...Guitar players ain't so bad...Especially of the lead variety...They can't help it if their ego get's in the way sometimes...Because of those wonderful creatures, I'll never be a soundman for a live band again..EVER!...It's the best thing that ever happened to me actually....I make MUCH more money as a DJ anyway As for the aforementioned player?...Last I heard nobody will play with him so I guess he's back to the basement by himself playing along to cassette tapes one could only hope

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast