• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Audio clicks with E-MU 1212

Share/Bookmark

Unhappy Audio clicks with E-MU 1212

Hi,

Sorry if this has been covered before, I have searched the forums to no avail.

I have just purchased GPO, I run Cubase SX3 with the EMU 1212 audio card, P4 3GHz processor and 1MB of RAM.

I have noticed interruptions with audio coming from the GPO virtual instrument when moving about the screen - 'clicking' is all I can describe it as. When I move the arrangement by moving the horizontal scrollbar, I get a flurry of clicks, it sounds like 1 click for every pixel moved, selecting different tracks within Cubase results in 1 click each time. I think I've narrowed it down to the ASIO drivers for the card, as when I use the Cubase one, it seems fine.

"Why don't you use the Cubase one?" I hear you ask,well, the latency is higher and the whole point of me buying the 1212 was to get the latency down to 2ms.

Any help will be gratefully received. I hope others have had this problem and can offer a solution.

Thanks,

AJ

Re: Audio clicks with E-MU 1212

hi,
    Your specific asio driver should always be better than the steinberg generic one.

To improve quietness, I unplug the graphic card fan and thus I underclock it to the minimum. I notice that in Cubase big projects, using low latency (say 2ms), I have click&pops when underclocked that i don't have at regular clock frequencies. Though it's not exactly the problem you have, it may be related to the graphic card. Can you check/update graphic card driver ? or install another card ?

I've got the current driver for my card, I reduced the colour res to 16 bit, took of any sound schemes, got rid of fancy XP effects and still crackles and pops.

I will beat this - the force is strong in this one.

PS - anyone know a good glazier and where I can buy a cheap monitor!

It sounds like a conflict with the audio driver and your graphics card driver. Have you tried moving the audio card to another PCI slot? I've seen these conflicts before, particularly with an AGP graphics card in and a audio card in the 1st PCI slot, this is a HUGE no no. Try moving the audio card, especially if its in the first PCI slot. This won't help if you don't have a graphics card, I just thought of that. If the graphics card is built into the motherboard try the step below, or try it first anyway.

You might also try updating the driver for your graphics card.

I had this problem recently - I use the EMU1212 also. Which drivers are you using? Which do you have available? I may be able to help

Quote Originally Posted by moviemaestro
    I had this problem recently - I use the EMU1212 also. Which drivers are you using? Which do you have available? I may be able to help
    Hi, I've just updated the drivers for the card also. I'm using the EMU ASIO driver in SX.

I might be jumping the gun, but I've just done redetected the buffer size, they've gone higher now and (fingers crossed) the clicking seems to have gone....

I'll keep you all posted. So glad there's help out there!

I'm a musician, not a technician, get me out of here!

try to install IDE driver (to Your hard drive controler chipset)

what mobo do You have and what chipset ?

Quote Originally Posted by ajayemm
    Hi, I've just updated the drivers for the card also. I'm using the EMU ASIO driver in SX.

I might be jumping the gun, but I've just done redetected the buffer size, they've gone higher now and (fingers crossed) the clicking seems to have gone....

I'll keep you all posted. So glad there's help out there!

I'm a musician, not a technician, get me out of here!

Sounds like the very same experience I encounter with my present Sound Blaster Audigy 2 card. I found out that E-MU and Creative are one in the same company. Hmmm, makes you wonder.
    Styxx

hey man that's sound card I use the 1212M you know the M series is better then the ones with out in anycase I use Sonar Producer 3 downloaded the newest drivers when I got it and...Cristal Clear audio, I mean the thing sound fantastic! and ASIO not WMD...
    make sure it's the newest drivers for the patchmix.
    your good to go.

Unhappy Re: Audio clicks with E-MU 1212

Quote Originally Posted by StrangeCat
    hey man that's sound card I use the 1212M you know the M series is better then the ones with out in anycase I use Sonar Producer 3 downloaded the newest drivers when I got it and...Cristal Clear audio, I mean the thing sound fantastic! and ASIO not WMD...
    make sure it's the newest drivers for the patchmix.
    your good to go.
    It is the 1212M. It's a fantastic card, 2ms latency, great interface, but I think it is the ASIO drivers that are causing the pops. If I select the Cubase one (not directx) it works fine, but with HUGE latency. I downloaded the latest drivers for the patchmix (1.60) before I posted on here.

The PC was built specifically for music, 1GB RAM and P4 3GHz processor. The processor isn't even touching 15%, so I'm kinda running out of options. I'm sure you'll all agree, there's nothing more frustrating than a soft flute solo being interrupted by CLICK, CCCCLICK, CLICK!

When running audio, it's fabulous, it just seems to be GPO that it's having a problem with. I'll try other virtual instruments when I get home.

There's probably a button somewhere I haven't pressed, a slider somewhere I haven't slid, or more likely a manual somewhere I haven't read!

Go Back to forum