• Register
  • Help

Topic: Lugano Concerto for Violin

Share/Bookmark

Lugano Concerto for Violin

Here is something I posted a long time ago. I re-recorded it using my new PowerMac G5, so I could do it in one step. I fixed some parts and did a little orchestration work. I think it is much improved from the old one and really conveys my intent better.

For those who haven't heard it yet, I composed it in the week I was in Lugano, Switzerland playing the Blues to Bop Festival last September. What an amazing place.

Listen to Lugano Concerto for Violin
    Jess Hendricks
    DMA Student and Teaching Asst in Music Theory/ Composition at the University of Miami
    Personal Website

Thumbs up Re: Lugano Concerto for Violin

Quote Originally Posted by jesshmusic
    Here is something I posted a long time ago. I re-recorded it using my new PowerMac G5, so I could do it in one step. I fixed some parts and did a little orchestration work. I think it is much improved from the old one and really conveys my intent better.

For those who haven't heard it yet, I composed it in the week I was in Lugano, Switzerland playing the Blues to Bop Festival last September. What an amazing place.

Listen to Lugano Concerto for Violin
    I take it you await the arrival of the morphing violin with baited breath?

Another very stylish piece. Is this purely done with GPO?

Re: Lugano Concerto for Violin

I'm not sure I will be able to afford the new violin, and I don't know how many Violin concerti I intend to right anyway!

It's all GPO. Thanks for listening.
    Jess Hendricks
    DMA Student and Teaching Asst in Music Theory/ Composition at the University of Miami
    Personal Website

Nice.
    I live near Lugano, and it's funny imagine that maybe the slightly melanconic and old fashioned athmosphere of the old lake has inspired you.

Fabio: If I had the money, me and the guys from the band would be out there in a second. The road that goes up the mountains into Switzerland was just friggin awesome. We received such a warm welcome from the huge crowds at the Blues to Bop Festival. They didn't say "One more song!", they would say "FOUR more songs!"

I should post some pics of the places I sat and composed. Thanks for your comments. BTW.... fastest I have ever composed a work of this magnitude. Less than one week if I don't count the endless hours listening to violin concerti, planning, then after it was complete the time spent trying to get an ok GPO performance.
    Jess Hendricks
    Personal Website

Whew, a pretty long work, but mmmmm, this was a delicious piece. The violin was spendidly dynamic, as were the other strings. I especially like that segment that starts at 3:14 (pi time), it sounds sort of familiar, did you post a demo using it before? Oh, wait, I just read the original post again What a musical memory I have! The orchestration sounds nice, but the violin solos are wonderful. You must get this morphin-stradevized, even if you can't afford it until 2010 Or even better, performed! Thanks for sharing!
    Sean Patrick Hannifin
    My MP3s | My Melody Generator | my album
    "serious music" ... as if the rest of us are just kidding

Quote Originally Posted by SeanHannifin
    Or even better, performed! Thanks for sharing!
    That would be the ideal!
    Jess Hendricks
    Personal Website

Go Back to forum