• Register
  • Help

Topic: Video refresh rates

Share/Bookmark

Video refresh rates

Wondering if GS3 is more stable or any performance differences when using a lower or higher refresh rate.
    GS3-GVI, Sonar PE 6,
    Asus P5AD2 D P4 3.6 GHz, 4gigs Ram-DDR2 EB DC, SATA Raptor 74GB x2/ SATA WD 500G x 2 / WD 300G
    Main sample use: VSL Libraries: Opus, Solo Strings, Epic Horns; Sam Horns Complete; Larry Seyer Acoustic Drums, various
    Evga GeForce PCX 6600 256MB DDR

Re: Video refresh rates

Quote Originally Posted by gigafusion
    Wondering if GS3 is more stable or any performance differences when using a lower or higher refresh rate.
    I doubt it. The reflesh is done on the back-end of the video hardware, so it doesn't stress the CPU. Having GS3 is the foreground, rather than your sampler, might help reduce the CPU load, as Giga doesn't really animate anything except the level meters. If your sequencer is redering lots of moving waveforms, then that will take a bit more processing. And any video windows take more processing still...

-JF

I agree with Jon, the only thing I can think of video hurting GS3 is to do with the video cards drivers conflicting with your soundcards, which is a pretty well known problem now. Actual refresh rate though shouldn't be a problem.
    If you want to find out more about the drivers thing look at the following:

(WARNING! - it is a long thread)

http://www.cakewalk.com/forum/tm.asp...e=1&key=p4c800

Steve

I agree with the comments so far.

Put it this way, if refreash rates "did" take up a tiny bit of cpu power, there is still no way that I would run the refresh rates on my systems under 100hz. Personally I'd rather use some cpu power and not have sore eyes.

Thumbs up Re: Video refresh rates

Quote Originally Posted by perceive
    I agree with Jon, the only thing I can think of video hurting GS3 is to do with the video cards drivers conflicting with your soundcards, which is a pretty well known problem now. Actual refresh rate though shouldn't be a problem.
    If you want to find out more about the drivers thing look at the following:

(WARNING! - it is a long thread)

http://www.cakewalk.com/forum/tm.asp...e=1&key=p4c800

Steve

Thanks for the link!

Very usefull information.

Go Back to forum