• Register
  • Help

Topic: OT: "What's like "mandy.com"?

Share/Bookmark

Question OT: "What's like "mandy.com"?

Sorry guys, this is a little off topic. I've been using mandy.com for awhile now, but lately scoring gigs are little "s-l-o-w" and I was looking for a good website that's similar to it. Any ideas?
    Thanks,
    Josh
    I think a favorite gag in medival times was to sneak up behind a Knight and stick a "kick me" sign on his armor with a magnet.

Re: OT: "What's like "mandy.com"?

craigslist.org is much better. I haven't checked it in quite awhile though. Look for gigs under "tv/film/video" and "Crew" in the "Gigs" section.

I usually check under New York and L.A.
    Mark
    ---------------------------
    http://www.markderrico.com

Hey Mark I'm very grateful thanks! I'll check it out.
    I think a favorite gag in medival times was to sneak up behind a Knight and stick a "kick me" sign on his armor with a magnet.

Noooobody else eh? C'mon guys...

As far as I know, Mandy is the best one... which isn't saying much since most of what gets posted there are free student projects..
    Craigslist IS another one to keep an eye on, but actually composer wanted postings seem rather rare there...

I have been curious about the site where you actually have to pay for a membership (some of these are quite expensive).. anyone have experience with them? Are they just scams (as I suspect), or can real paying work be had with them?

Yeah jc, I'm tempted to try one of those. Normally, networking does the trick for me but business has been slow lately. I've never joined a "pay site" but if there is one out there that's legit, I'd sign up. Anyone have any jobs they've turned down that they want to pass my way?

Go Back to forum