• Register
  • Help

Topic: A year to write

Share/Bookmark

A year to write

Another question.

What would you do (music wise) if you found out that you only had say....a year to live.

Would you try and create the perfect piece of music?
    Continue doing what you'd always done?
    learn something different?
    Write requiems or jubliant works?
    Who would you be writing it for?
    Would you even write music at all?
    and so on.

Just a thought
    Grim Fandango explained jazz to me.

Re: A year to write

I really would use that time to do things that I love, stayng with my family: and because I love to write music I really would like to write something to let to my love, as a spiritual gift to remember nice time spent together.

But if you have only one year to live probably you will never be as rational as i'm now writing that...nobody knows

It's a so sad thought...

Music wise, I wouldn't do anything different. After all, I may only have one more year to live right now . . .
    Sean Patrick Hannifin
    My MP3s | My Melody Generator | my album
    "serious music" ... as if the rest of us are just kidding

Sell everything I own for as much cash as I can get and go to Amsterdam. maybe finish the new album first.

A year is such a short time. As much as I love music and it has been a main part of my life, I don't think I would spend anymore time on it. I would sell everything I own and start setting up some sort of accounts in an effort to help my wife and children continue comfortably without me. Any music I have on archive would go to my biological daughter and son. Then I would spend as much time with my wife and children doing all the things I couldn't, like take them all to Disney World on vacation. Somethings you can't seem to do when your woiking two jobs all the time.
    The final task I would be to have my ashes scattered on a warm tropical beach off of Hawaii with an epitaph that would read, "Who the hell stuck Styxx here!"
    Styxx

^ A year isnt a very long time. And one thing i realise is that to write the music that i feel that i should be writing takes an enourmous amount of time.

Someone i know said to me that he was playing pool and he was asked what he'd do if he was told he had ten minutes to live. He said he'd finish his game of pool because thats what he'd chosen to do with his time already.

As long as your chosing your time relatively wisely then i dont reckon you can have many complaints.

scuse these thoughts, iam really just pondering how to best use my time. Lemme see........for the next ten minutes iam going to....Brew some coffee. And i shall hold my head high while i grind thine beans!
    Grim Fandango explained jazz to me.

Go Back to forum