• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Wisdom Teeth say "Bye bye!"

Share/Bookmark

Unhappy Wisdom Teeth say "Bye bye!"

Hey Guys!

Wish me luck. The wisdom teeth are being cut out tomorrow morning (March 3). The good news is I get some time off work. Hopefully I'll be able to compose some more with the laptop at my side.

Pray that I recover quickly! I miss playing my trumpet!

Take care y'all!

Brasspig
    Donald W. Sorah
    Doctoral Teaching Assistant
    Florida State University
    Tallahassee, FL

Re: Wisdom Teeth say "Bye bye!"

Good luck! Have fun being put to sleep! And be prepared to take a lot of pain killer medicine . . .
    Sean Patrick Hannifin
    My MP3s | My Melody Generator | my album
    "serious music" ... as if the rest of us are just kidding

Maybe those drugs will enhance my creativity . .. .a la Hector Berlioz and Symphonie Fantastique!!!!

hahahhah
    Donald W. Sorah
    Florida State University
    Tallahassee, FL

Quote Originally Posted by brasspig
    Hey Guys!

Wish me luck. The wisdom teeth are being cut out tomorrow morning (March 3). The good news is I get some time off work. Hopefully I'll be able to compose some more with the laptop at my side.

Pray that I recover quickly! I miss playing my trumpet!

Take care y'all!

Brasspig
    Whereas a typical wisdom tooth is a broad-crowned molar containing dentin, pulp, dentin and protactinium and whose function is to grind food, perhaps Brasspig's contains some sort of alien implant . After all, Lucille Ball heard radio broadcast through her teeth.

All the best and you take care!. Just think of the inspiration for your new works: "Concerto for Molar Extraction" by Brasspig.

Gary Garritan

Don't feel too bad. Getting my wisdom teeth out was one of the most interesting experiences of my life. Basically I was loaded up with pain killers, and high on nitrious oxide. I didn't feel a thing but I was aware of everything that was going on, found it all quite amusing, and was having a blast. I was actually sad when they were finished..... Unfortunately, after the pain killers wore off and I came back to reality..... Miserable week. But would I do it all again? Yeah, I think I would..... I know, I'm weird.
    Tim

Don't feel to bad about your wisdom teeth. As probably everyone already knows I am studying to become a medical doctor plus a dentist. Since my 14th birthday I have been working at a dentists place more of less often (and since I am at univesity nearly every day). That makes about 12 years of experience...

Most operations of that kind take only about 5-10 minutes. OK, there are some special cases which take considerably longer, but they sure will be as careful as possible. In Austria we give you a local anaesthetic to desensitize the complete nervous branch of the side of the jaw that will be worked on and you won't feel any pain. The only uncomfortable thing is that you still hear the working sounds (especially through bone conduction).

After we are finished, you'll get a small stripe of tissue (soaked with various anti-bacterial substances) which will be inserted into the wound and removed after 1-2 days. That will assure you won't feel any pain afterwards (or only very little) since most pain comes from a bacterial infection and inflammation as a result of the open wound. 90% of our patients don't even need to take the painkillers we give them, and there are some really difficult cases amongst them.

I don't know how they do it where you come from, but it will all be ok. Just give yourself at least 1 or 2 days of relaxation. Don't do sport, don't lift heavy stuff, don't go dancing and don't play the tumpet.
    Keep the cheek cool all the time (MOST important to prevent an inflammation!!), don't eat hot or crunchy food. Do not rinse your mouth for a few days, or if you really have to, do it carefully and stop when the bleeding starts.

You'll do allright. Good luck and all the best!
    Greetings from Vienna!
    Peter
    My website: Above the staff.net

Talking Re: Wisdom Teeth say "Bye bye!"

I know this is late but, This reminds me of my favorite song from Little Shop of Horrors, "It's Just The Gas".

Hope everything came out without a hitch! When I got my wisdom teeth out the dentist labled one Molar and the other Scully.
    Styxx

Smile Re: Wisdom Teeth say "Bye bye!"

Hey BrassPig,
    I hope everything went well. I just found out my wisdom teeth have got to be pulled also. The dentist chided me saying I should have had them out when I was 20. (I'm now 40...sigh ) I told him that I was reluctant to do so as they represented the only wisdom I had.

Ok, that was poor humor. Sorry. What kind of pain killer(s) did you get while the work was going on? Did they work? Pain and I don't get along...

-Kevin
    We are the music makers, we are the dreamers of dreams …
    24" 2.4 Ghz iMac, OSX 10.4.10, MOTU 828 MKII, 2 Glyph 250 Gig external drives, Logic 9, Finale 2008 GPO, JABB, Strad, Gro, Reason 4, EWQL Storm Drum, Adrenaline, Symphonic Choirs, SO Gold,All Arturia Synths, Many NI Synths, Spectrasonics Synths, KH Strings, VEPro on a Windows 7 4x 2.8 Ghz 12 gig of RAM

Usually you get an injection during the operation (to shut off the whole nervous branch which feeds the operation area). For the time afterwards you get the usual painkiller tablets. If the operation is done properly and you avoid infection, keep it cool and do what I wrote above, then you shouldn't really need them.
    Greetings from Vienna!
    Peter
    My website: Above the staff.net

Thanks all for te concern and tips. I am home now. Just a little pain and some bleeding. I was put to sleep for the process. Not a big deal. I just hope recovery is quick and easy. I'm HOOONGRY!!!
    Donald W. Sorah
    Florida State University
    Tallahassee, FL

Go Back to forum