• Register
  • Help

Topic: OT: Sonar-Cubase Shootout

Share/Bookmark

OT: Sonar-Cubase Shootout

This post is primarily for those people who are trying to evaluate sequencer/digital audio software choices on the PC.

The author (Digital Music Doctor) has written training tutorials for both Sonar and Cubase, and he provides a lot of detail comparing the two packages:

http://www.digitalmusicdoctor.com/shootout/shootout.htm

P.S. - He doesn't declare a "winner".

Re: OT: Sonar-Cubase Shootout

Thanbk you for the link....this is a very comprehensive analysis. I really think at this point in their development, the degree to which one finds comfort in using the sequencer now weighs more than the feature set as they are both extremely robust packages.
    I remain solely responsible for the content of my messages, and agree to indemnify and hold harmless northern sound source, and their agents with respect to any claim based upon transmission of my message(s). Rock on.

Cubase just shot Sonar in the arm - he's hurt - stumbling around - kicking up dirt... wait - what's this? Sonar is raising his arm to fire back - but Cubase whips out its update 3.0.1.54.23.675.454 and gets Sonar square between the eyes.
    Alan Lastufka | www.BelaDMedia.com
    Producer/Artistic Design | Content Producer

20 Things

Wow, I have to say it looks like alot of research went into that, but man were they WAY off on many things. I think we are looking at a biased opinion in favor of Cubase there. There were just to many facts that were wrong, and I didn't even go through all the charts yet! I'll just give you TWO simple examples: They state that Sonar 4 Producer has audio meters, but does not have midi meters?!?! What? I'm looking at the midi meters right now. It also says Sonar does NOT have Groove quantize?!? It has always been there. Sure I may be biased toward Sonar because I use it, but man at least get the facts straight!

P.S. This is in no way an "angry" post. I just thought I'd point out what I saw. Great site too with alot great info!
    Liam
    "The biggest risk of all , is never taking a risk"

I like how it says Sonar has VST/DXI support. Cubase........

And SURELY, Sonar can import an audio file??

Ok, I think the "advantages list" is kind of misleading..
    ---------------------------
    - SCA - Sound Studios -
    www.sca-soundstudios.com
    ---------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Cairns
    I like how it says Sonar has VST/DXI support. Cubase........

And SURELY, Sonar can import an audio file??

Ok, I think the "advantages list" is kind of misleading..
    Those are good points. I agree the way it is laid out does seem a bit strange and misleading for both programs.
    Liam
    "The biggest risk of all , is never taking a risk"

Both programs look awesome. I'm seriously tempted to switch from DP.

Has anybody any clue as to how these two compare to DP.

Cheers,

Jose

I am looking for a sequencer package on a Mac (eg Logic, Cubase, DP) and would like to see a comparison of all the packages. Just a note, a guy on the demos part of this forum put together the demo below in Cubase SE using mainly EWQLSO Silver (obviously he knows a thing or two about composition as well..) but you don't need high-end packages to be able to do the business.

Click on END OF THE WORLD
    http://northernsounds.com/forum/show...1&page=1&pp=10

Go Back to forum