• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Topic: LPC ELECTRIC DISTORTION & CLEAN GUITAR: Demos, Manuals, Special Pre-Order Price

Share/Bookmark

Smile LPC ELECTRIC DISTORTION & CLEAN GUITAR: Demos, Manuals, Special Pre-Order Price

Prominy
    LPC Electric Distortion & Clean Guitar

The true sound of Gibson Les Paul Custom includes
    over 60 Giga-bytes, approx. 150,000 samples

will be released on March 21 2005.

The demos and manuals are available at Prominy's website.

Demos and details
    http://www.prominy.com/les.htm

User's Manual (145 page 4.5MB)
    http://www.prominy.com/LPC/LPC_manual_v1.0_web.pdf

Controller Chart (308 page 3.0MB)
    http://www.prominy.com/LPC/LPC_controller_chart.pdf

Special Pre-Order Price $499 (Regular Price $599; you save $100)

----------------- Product Features -----------------

Extreme power of expression that no one has reached before.
    The world's most powerful and largest library of a single instrument includes:

- 243 .gig files which includes over 7,200 instruments
    (clean: 121 gig files / 3600 instruments, distortion: 122 gig files / 3600 instruments)

-Perfect sampled sounds of all fret positions on every string*1.

Single note, 5th-dyad chord, 4th-dyad chord, mute(tight, medium, loose),
    octave, vibrato(single note, 5th-dyad cord, 4th-dyad chord, octave),
    single bend, unison bend, stationay bend, double bend, legato slide, pinch harmonic,
    various chords, picking noises, scrape, etc.

Legato Slide
    - A huge number of sampled legato slide techniques.
    From Seminole (1 fret) to 1 octave (12 frets), multiple tempos and velocity
    options for every single note, 5th-dyad chord, 4th-dyad chord*2, and octave
    playing styles.

- 'Real time Legato Slide instruments'
    Using Giga Studio 3.0's new feature, 'Legato Mode',
    you can enjoy real-time legato slide.

Various chords played by up, down, fast, and slow strokes
    - major, minor, 7th, minor7th, major7th , add9th, 7th-9th, major7th-9th,
    sus4th, dim7th, #9th, minor9th, major3rd(vibrato),
    major (picking harmonics), open chords, etc.

Clean and Distorted, both timbres of the electric guitar are included.
    You can also adjust our clean guitar sound so
    it suits the music genre you're working with by adding your favorite
    amplifier simulator.

Huge number of picking noises are recorded in multiple forms on all frets and strings.
    Picking noises made while playing a guitar is one of the most important
    characteristics that identify a live guitar recording.

*1: except some playing techniques.
    *2: legato samples for 4th chord: 1 fret slide, 2 fret slide, and 3 fret
    slide are only available.

For more information;
    visit Prominy's website and download manuals.

http://www.prominy.com

Thank you ,

Akihito Okawa

Re: LPC ELECTRIC DISTORTION & CLEAN GUITAR: Demos, Manuals, Special Pre-Order Price

You guys did a marvellous job in realism, although the guitar could be louder in the mp3 demos' mixes, and the frequency balance sounds pretty weird. It sounds like too much low and a dip in the low-mids.
    EDIT: This could be what you were going for of course.

Banned

Re: LPC ELECTRIC DISTORTION & CLEAN GUITAR: Demos, Manuals, Special Pre-Order Price

Wow. I'm really impressed. If I weren't a guitarist, I'd certainly buy this. And even though I'm a guitarist, I might buy this.

I'd love to see what the MIDI looks like to generate these demos. That's always the question.... how much tweaking (and what kind) is necessary?

Edit: Maybe I just don't like the particular wah pedal (or simulation), but that didn't work well for me. Can you sample my Parker Fly for me?

Thanks,
    Stefan

This is incredible the demos sound so real too...( want it NOW!!!)
    best regards

Przemyslaw K.

I know your kinda kidding Sharm but still, i know you know that nothing beats the real deal when it comes to quircky solos. This Lib. is definatley the best of its kind that ive heard, especially the clean lines in the 1st demo...whow.. I would have never guessed those were programed samples. Its amazing that someone got handle on this kind of playable guitar lib. so soon. To my ears ( maybe cause ive been playing guitar all my life) I always thought the VSL horizon guitar Libs. demos sounded amazingly fake, so its neat to see that it can really be done. For those who do actually play guitar but dont have lots of amps and mics, NI Guitar rig is amazing and AdrenaLinn 2 is my new favorite for really creative tempo-synced synth filter FX..man, the guitar thing is really sewn up now..developers , just release those goddamm BB and Pop Horn Libs. already...and well be all set
    Congrats on LPC! Rich

I'd love to see a short MIDI clip of one of the guitar examples... just to see how much work's involved in getting this lib to sound like this.

For my part, I think those demos sound absolutely amazing. I'm trying to think of a way to justify $500 for a lib I don't really NEED at the moment, but really WANT...

Demos sound great.

Another landmark in the history of sampled instruments, another bunch of musicians that will loose jobs...

Wow. That's a great set of sampled articulations. It sounds like it was really done right.

That said, I think that most non-guitarists will have a hard time programming to this level of detail. You have to really think in terms of how you want to play the piece and emulate that. Well, maybe really good air guitarists could do okay with it.

Great job!

-JF

I've not been impressed with many guitar oriented programs, but this one sure changed my mind !....This is some good stuff going on here ....Great job, and I can only imagine the work it took to get everything right ....Sincerely, Jim

man...this thing rocks!!!
    Hope it doens't requires a Phd in midi programming to get that kind of realism..

love the tones.

great job!

Yves

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast