• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast

Topic: This is how Bush represents you

Share/Bookmark

Angry This is how Bush represents you

sponsored links

***Advertisments***
    My fellow N.S. i have just started reading a book about the Australian Prime minster John Suck Howard, and what a jerk.
    Brief picture will fill you in more if you desire, but the essential plot is that when Bush Junior came to Australia, your security services, media people broke every rule in the book, basically treated the Australian people like dirt and slaves. After reading the first few chapters i thought i would tell you how disgusted i am with your President , not that you dont know what a jerk he is. But any American who believes that your country is about freedom is serially mistaken, you trampled all over our country ignoring our values, but whats new, this is the usual pattern except now you dont even bother to hide it. You are fast becoming the most hated people on the planet, which i guess you must already know.

Re: This is how Bush represents you

> "You are fast becoming the most hated people on the planet, which i guess you must already know."

Not quite. Polls have shown that people around the globe like a lot about America and the American people, but dislike/distrust our government intensely. Many of us here feel that way too...

-JF

Quote Originally Posted by charles
    My fellow N.S. i have just started reading a book about the Australian Prime minster John Suck Howard, and what a jerk.
    Brief picture will fill you in more if you desire, but the essential plot is that when Bush Junior came to Australia, your security services, media people broke every rule in the book, basically treated the Australian people like dirt and slaves. After reading the first few chapters i thought i would tell you how disgusted i am with your President , not that you dont know what a jerk he is. But any American who believes that your country is about freedom is serially mistaken, you trampled all over our country ignoring our values, but whats new, this is the usual pattern except now you dont even bother to hide it. You are fast becoming the most hated people on the planet, which i guess you must already know.
    Don't ever, ever, ever confuse the American people with the American government. Presidents win generally by small popular margins due to an antiquated electoral system that allows a candidate to win even without a popular victory. So to criticize all Americans for the conduct of one man is like condeming all of Iraq for the conduct of Sadam Hussien.

Few people in America blam Iraqis for the conduct of one man and his government. And the people that do hate Iraqis are considered very stupid by most Americans.

So if you can't separate out the conduct of a president from the temperment of the citizens of our nation then you'll get the same label as Americans who hate all Iraqis.

I for one have no problems with you Aussies. In fact I find that most of the Australians I've met have more of a problem with me due to the fact that I'm of African decent. So if I can still like Australians even with evedent racism then surely you can still like Americans even with a rude president.

Cheers,

Jose

"The most hated people on the planet?" Here we go again.

Now all the America-haters will fall all over themselves trying to explain how they actually LOVE America.

("I only hurts you 'cuz I loves you, baby.")

Some things never change.

Considering charles gets virtually all his "information" from Radical Left sources, it's not surprising in the least that he is able to come up with a quote accusing Americans of treating "the Australian people like dirt and slaves."

Maybe they should have replaced "dirt and slaves" with "Aborigines."

Oops...I forgot...charles reserves his wrath for only two countries, neither of which, conveniently, is his own...

Xanax the book i am reading is by a Conservative journalist, a very dedicated female who knows the ins and outs of our politics. You accuse others of putting you into a stereo type, yet you have just done precisely the same thing.

Jose and Jon i hear what you are saying and quite frankly you are both insulting my intelligence, with all due respect you are a people who have a place in the world and that place in the world has meant you have had to trample over other people, this is history. So your tired line about a small minority voted for Bush is inadequate to explain how you all benefit from a corrupt corporate culture.

And please respond to what i wrote, not focussing on one line , our rights are being trampled , why dont you address what i wrote and not the only line you could find that you could twist so that you could defend yourselves.
    The facts are day by day are rights are being eroded and most people are sitting by passively while it happens. So the holocaust happened because of politicians huh think again, the whole society was involved, sure there where brave people who went against the tide , but they were a small minority. Are you seriously telling me that America was able to go to Iraq only because of politicians totally divorced from the reality of the rest of the populations, think again. Their has to be racism involved or how else could you convince so many people?

And here is a link that is interesting
    http://www.zmag.org/content/showarti...15&ItemID=7330

I think most people who were convinced were convinced because they were either lied to or misinformed. I even have a hard time believing 'most' people were convinced. Don't you remember? Americans were told that Iraq had WMD's and were an imminent threat. I think it's a big jump to go from that to racism, Charles. If anyone was a target for hatred, it was one man, Saddam Hussein. Not the entire Iraqi people.

If racism was a factor, I would imagine we would have seen 'camps' set up for the Iraqi people who have now made the U.S. and Canada as home - much like what happened in WW2 with the Japanese.

. . .how you all benefit from a corrupt corporate culture.
    Maybe you should have used the word "we" instead of "you", since you are also benefiting from this 'corrupt corporate culture' by being able to communicate on this forum to begin with.

Rob

Oh I see, charles.

You claim to be reading some unnamed book by an unnamed (allegedly conservative) author, and that's supposed to negate the fact that you repeatedly provide links to one and only one Radical Left source: zmag---which I see you've done yet again.

You always remind me of the parable about the three blind men trying to describe an elephant.

It's a big internet out there. You might try exposing yourself to some ideas that you DON'T agree with.

Quote Originally Posted by XanaX
    Oh I see, charles.

You claim to be reading some unnamed book by an unnamed (allegedly conservative) author, and that's supposed to negate the fact that you repeatedly provide links to one and only one Radical Left source: zmag---which I see you've done yet again.

You always remind me of the parable about the three blind men trying to describe an elephant.

It's a big internet out there. You might try exposing yourself to some ideas that you DON'T agree with.

This is the journalist's Blog

http://webdiary.smh.com.au/

Needless to say i attack a corrupt system and low and behold i am the one who gets attacked , i guess the truth is always uncomfortable.

Talking Re: This is how Bush represents you

Quote Originally Posted by charles
    ?

What's the matter with Howard? Please enlighten us once again, oh master of political rhetoric.

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast