• Register
  • Help

Topic: Selling GS3 - how to transfer licence?

Share/Bookmark

Selling GS3 - how to transfer licence?

I am considering selling my copy of GS3 Orchestra on Ebay. Although I can't seem to find anything here or on the Tascam site to clarify how the licence could be transferred, it seems to me I did see something about this a while ago. Has anyone done this, or know how such a transaction can be completed?

Re: Selling GS3 - how to transfer licence?

http://www.tascamgiga.com/TASCAMGiga...oArchives.html

Looks like there are forms here that will do the trick. Just have to check to make sure Tascam still supports this...if anyone has actually done this with GS, please let me know. Thanks.

Sorry to see you are thinking of selling GS3 Orch. If you don't mind, why are you thinking of selling?

Angry Re: Selling GS3 - how to transfer licence?

Quote Originally Posted by Martin Hines
    Sorry to see you are thinking of selling GS3 Orch. If you don't mind, why are you thinking of selling?
    Well, if it's anything like my version, he's fed up with the constant grief from crashes.

So many people are satisfied with GS at the moment with v3.04?

Martin,

Re: the reason for selling, this was largely an experiment for me. I've used Kontakt in the past, and now plan to make that my main sampler platform with version 2 imminent. I have little invested in libraries so it isn't a big deal.

What don't I like about GS vs. Kontakt? Well, I haven't had a lot of issues with crashing (of late), so it relates to functionality. This could be a whole new thread! In a nutshell, I'm banking on Kontakt having an improved user interface over version 1.5*, all the features and then some that GS has for piano libraries, ease of integration with sequencing software, and better latency performance.

This latter issue (latency) is something I've never been pleased with in GS3. Even with my P4 3.2 (overclocked, or not...doesn't seem to matter) and Audiophile 2496 with the latest driver, I can't get around a subtle but noticable delay until I set the DMA buffer to 128. At that point a few clicks start to appear. Move back to 256, all is well, but then the tiny lag starts to appear. I expect some will want to debate this, but that is my experience...

Don't get me wrong - GS3 has a lot to offer. Someone will be getting a deal on the price as a used copy when mine goes up on eBay. The licence is definitely transferable - I heard back directly on that from Tascam. Happy bidding...of course, everything I stated in this post is absolute nonsense, and you'll love it!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Clink
    The licence is definitely transferable - I heard back directly on that from Tascam. Happy bidding...of course, everything I stated in this post is absolute nonsense, and you'll love it!!!
    I wish more companies would allow software licenses to be transferrable.

Re: GS3, since I was a GS2 user the GS3 Orch upgrade didn't cost that much. I LOVE GigaPulse. If Tascam would ever release GigaPulse VST (the VST version that doesn't require GigaStudio) I am sure they will have a big hit on their hands.

I am hopeful that Tascam will offer a GigaPulse VST discount to GS3 Orch owners.

Martin, you are definitely not alone!

-JF

Go Back to forum