• Register
  • Help

Topic: Man ya know!

Share/Bookmark

Talking Man ya know!

Hey people I am having a blast putting GPO and Diva Extended together in some of this show song and incidentals. I should have purchased Diva Extended months ago what the heck was I waiting for?
    Now, Gary and Frank are each coming out with some sort of choir from what I understand. I am totally game for using both! The excitement of the possibilities is nothing sort of fun for me. Call me a kid in a candy store but hey, bring on the sweets guys!
    Balancing the orchestra and voices has to be the most challenging task with these libs. I have had the pleasure of conducting both for the Sound of Music and it is a whole different ball game live. You can talk to the musicians and discuss what you are looking for of their respective parts and sections. However, with sequencing voice and orchestra. Trying to get the right balance and position plus effects, whew ... I am tired but happy as a pig in mud right now. (Give me time ... something will work me over soon. )
    I'm boasting aren't I? Sorry, I can assure you my intentions are humble just to share with all of you I regard as no one less than the best!
    Thanks for reading.
    I'll try to post and example for you ASAP.
    Styxx

Re: Man ya know!

Good to hear you're enjoying DIVA. I haven't really had the time to play around with it as much as I've wanted to.
    Now, Gary and Frank are each coming out with some sort of choir from what I understand. I am totally game for using both! The excitement of the possibilities is nothing sort of fun for me. Call me a kid in a candy store but hey, bring on the sweets guys!
    I thought this wasn't happening anymore, and that Bela D Media was just doing the choirs by themselves. Though I wouldn't obect to a joint project by them. Garritan Personal Choir anybody?
    Tim

Oh, sorry I meant I heard they are working on one of their own choir libs not together. Didn't mean to imply a collaboration. What I was saying is when both introduce their respective choirs I will buy both. What the heck, I wouldn't mind having best of both developers!
    Styxx

So there are not one, but two choir libraries in the works. Now I have to decide which one to get, or possibly get both. No wonder my brain hurts!
    Dan Powers
    www.danielpowers.info

"It's easier to be a composer than it is to compose."
    --Ray Luke (1928-2010)

Go Back to forum