• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: What is my older sister doing?

Share/Bookmark

Talking What is my older sister doing?

I just got off the phone with my father and I was telling him that I would have to email the GMU music department to see about taking classes even if I can't play an instrument . . . and my father revealed that my older sister, a junior and William and Mary, is taking a piano playing class . . . what does she think she's doing? She better not get better than me . . .
    Sean Patrick Hannifin
    My MP3s | My Melody Generator | my album
    "serious music" ... as if the rest of us are just kidding

Re: What is my older sister doing?

Then again, she tried her hand at guitar some years ago, and that never came to anything . . . I better study my piano extra hard . . . this means war
    Sean Patrick Hannifin

Sibling rivalry...It's the best!!!

Personally, I prefer sibling ribaldry!

Just kidding: a) I never can pass up a good (i.e. bad) pun, and b) I don't have a sister, fortunately for her...
    Dasher
    -------
    It's all about the music - really. I keep telling myself that...

Yep, sibling rivalry! It will be especially tense this summer, since two of our aunts are getting married. It is always a competition to see who will impress all the relatives the most. Last summer my uncle was married, and I won the competition that year because I had composed some music and was reading a book about the Reimann's hypothesis, which was impressive. I guess my sister is working hard to try to win this year . . . but I have the keyboard and the hands of a composer . . . wish me luck!
    Sean Patrick Hannifin

Thumbs up Re: What is my older sister doing?

Sean, my three brothers and one sister all played instruments and sang. Mom did too, dad was into aircraft design so his talent put bread on the table.
    We never competed with one another. Instead, we worked and learned from each other but I was the only out of five children that went to music college and took private lessons.
    My advice to you is simple ....
    KICK ACE!
    Styxx

But does she have the GPO motivation factor. . . ???
    Donald W. Sorah
    Doctoral Teaching Assistant
    Florida State University
    Tallahassee, FL

Quote Originally Posted by Styxx
    Sean, my three brothers and one sister all played instruments and sang. Mom did too, dad was into aircraft design so his talent put bread on the table.
    We never competed with one another. Instead, we worked and learned from each other but I was the only out of five children that went to music college and took private lessons.
    My advice to you is simple ....
    KICK ACE!
    I am one of five too Although I think I'll need a job before I can afford private lessons. But I am the only one that got into composing.

It's hard to explain the relationship between my sister and me. I guess you could say there is a personality clash. But we both love music. And what happens when your little brother composes, and gets a keyboard for Christmas? What happens when we see the relatives and he starts playing the piano? I hope I can find out . . .
    Sean Patrick Hannifin

Quote Originally Posted by brasspig
    But does she have the GPO motivation factor. . . ???
    No, she doesn't As far as I know, she can't even read music yet . . . But if she did start composing and she entered the GPO community, she'd win everybody's hearts And she'd do it just for me, too, if you know what I mean . . .
    Sean Patrick Hannifin

Ahhh, what it must be like to have a sibling. Sean, very few things will help you improve faster than a little friendly competition (even if only one side is competing ).
    Tim

Go Back to forum