• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: Stradivari: I'm usually patient, but...

Share/Bookmark

Red face Stradivari: I'm usually patient, but...

I am *itching* to purchase the Stradivari. I have actually halted working on a piece to wait for this to be released. Is there any more information you can give us, Gary?

I have not been so excited about a piece of software for a long, long time. Between this and the graphics tablet for audio editing, I'm excited about how my DAW will change in the near future.

It's all your fault, Gary! Can you please come up with a few more things to work me up into a lather about?

-LFO
    We are the music makers, we are the dreamers of dreams …
    24" 2.4 Ghz iMac, OSX 10.4.10, MOTU 828 MKII, 2 Glyph 250 Gig external drives, Logic 9, Finale 2008 GPO, JABB, Strad, Gro, Reason 4, EWQL Storm Drum, Adrenaline, Symphonic Choirs, SO Gold,All Arturia Synths, Many NI Synths, Spectrasonics Synths, KH Strings, VEPro on a Windows 7 4x 2.8 Ghz 12 gig of RAM

Re: Stradivari: I'm usually patient, but...

LFO,

Yes, it's all my fault. We're trying to work out a few interoperability and technical issues. We want to make sure everything works perfectly.

You want more things to be lathered up about? Lets see...the kazoo, meatgrinder and bagpipe library

Patience young grasshopper...Patience

Gary Garritan

I'm holding my breath until it comes out. *Inhale...*

Fred,

I'm an avid swimmer. I've learned that it's easier to hold my breath a few hundred times each day than just once!

Get this. Our Masters swim coach is the current world record holder in the 100 meter butterfly for men in the 65-69 age range. He figured out that each breath costs him about 0.3 seconds. When he swims a 50 meter race, he holds his breath after the dive, takes one breath on the turn, and breathes again when the race is over. It takes him just under 30 seconds, total.

For perspective, that's like holding your breath while running the length of a football field as fast as you can. When you get to the end zone, take one breath and run back. Don't breathe again until you cross the goal line.

Okay, Fred, you can exhale now. Hopefully I've given you some ideas of how you can spend your time, until Gary ships the Solo Stradivari.

-JF

Thumbs up Re: Stradivari: I'm usually patient, but...

Scrwew the violin! I need a morphing accordion now! NOW I TELL YOU NOW!
    When are we having our first annual Orcas Island Treasure Hunt?
    Styxx

Quote Originally Posted by FredProgGH
    *Inhale...*
    Well, since this is now part of the public record, you'll never be able to run for President...
    Christopher Duncan
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Author of
    Unite the Tribes and The Career Programmer
    www.PracticalUSA.com

Smile Re: Stradivari: I'm usually patient, but...

I will bow to your wisdom, oh Garrison.

Seriously, the Stradivari represents such a leap in realism for such a complex instrument it can't help but be exciting. I'm glad you are not rushing to get it out the door, quality is much more important to me. I'll just keep watching the Quicktime demo over and over and over again.

-LFO
    We are the music makers, we are the dreamers of dreams …
    24" 2.4 Ghz iMac, OSX 10.4.10, MOTU 828 MKII, 2 Glyph 250 Gig external drives, Logic 9, Finale 2008 GPO, JABB, Strad, Gro, Reason 4, EWQL Storm Drum, Adrenaline, Symphonic Choirs, SO Gold,All Arturia Synths, Many NI Synths, Spectrasonics Synths, KH Strings, VEPro on a Windows 7 4x 2.8 Ghz 12 gig of RAM

Talking Re: Stradivari: I'm usually patient, but...

The last time I waited this long for anything was the time I went to dinner with this lovely blond and she said she was going to the ladies room .....
    Styxx

Quote Originally Posted by Styxx
    The last time I waited this long for anything was the time I went to dinner with this lovely blond and she said she was going to the ladies room .....
    I totally know what you mean, man...

In high school, when I was really bored (which was most of the time), I practiced holding my breath to exercise my lungs (if that's a way to exercise them). So far I can easily hold my breath for two minutes! Is that pretty good? This thread has inspired me to keep practicing . . .
    Sean Patrick Hannifin
    My MP3s | My Melody Generator | my album
    "serious music" ... as if the rest of us are just kidding

Go Back to forum