• Register
  • Help

Topic: Theme from Superman

Share/Bookmark

Theme from Superman

I actually "finished" this about five months ago, right around the time Christopher Reeve died actually...so I haven't gotten around to posting it until now, but it would be interesting and nice to hear your comments. Its part GPO (perc., woodwinds, some other overlays) and part--literally--everything else I could throw at it at the time! Also its part from midi part arranged from ear, and then just part plainly arranged.

http://www.musicv2.com/artist/mtlen

(should be the first one up)

Mark

Re: Theme from Superman

WOW! This is fantastic! Such a hard piece to GPO. Lots of fast moving strings and brass stabs to tackle. Very nicely done! Are we about to start a John Williams tribute? Anyone else got any of his stuff GPO-ed? I'd love to hear em!

Thanks Matolen/Mark for posting this

Regards,
    Kin
    "Life is rarely fair..." - Garlan, of Thorandall
    http://pjdeakin.blogspot.com/

Thanks alot Kin! I appreciate your nice comments. I am especially appreciative since I know you did that great work-up of Jurassic Park (trade midis??)

I love Williams, and wouldn't mind hearing more GPO and instrumental libraries of his famous themes. Indiana Jones? Olympic Marches? There is a lot of fun stuff out there.

Mark

Nice. Only one thing I would play around a bit. The snare has no accentual qualities. Strokes are entirely same dynamic. Other than, it's quite an accomplishment. Back the rest of the percussion especially the cymbals to a level of compliment instead of dominance.
    Styxx

Quote Originally Posted by Kinvint
    Anyone else got any of his stuff GPO-ed? I'd love to hear em!
    well, since you asked, here's my rendition of Jurassic Park totally done by ear. It's all GPO.

dp

Wow!...by ear? I WISH I could do that!!

Matolen

Also transcribed and arranged by ear: the Star Wars Fanfare. Snare is mostly unquantized because of all the fiddy triplets ;-)

-John

EDIT - this is all GPO too, pre-update.

Incidentally, any tutorials on quantizing percussion like snares anywhere? Really unfamiliar with how to do it.

Mark

Quote Originally Posted by matolen
    Incidentally, any tutorials on quantizing percussion like snares anywhere? Really unfamiliar with how to do it.
    What sequencer are you using?
    Steve A. Gallant

www.SteveGallant.com

Cubase SX

mark

Go Back to forum