• Register
  • Help

Topic: My new website

Share/Bookmark

My new website

I just wanted to post that I finally got my own website up (thanks to Adam Frechette who designed it!) And a couple of new compositions are up there as well, including “love call” and “End Sequence”. So check it out if you want to! Thanks.
    www.evangamble.com

Re: My new website

Hi Evan,

I checked out your site and your music - good stuff! I wish I wrote like you when I was 17! I really think you're way ahead of the game. Just keep going, writing music even if you don't have a gig. You can always add to your music section, and call them demos. I have a couple of suggestions for you: I would do away with the, "Evan wants to compose..." in your intro, and just go with, "Evan composes for..." - looks more professional; your first cue ends too early, it sounds cut off. Other than that, keep up the good work.

Banned

Evan,

That resolution detector thing in your home page is poorly implemented. Unless someone has one of those exact resolutions, they never get redirected. So I didn't... You might want to change it to:

if (screen.width<='1024') {
    document.location.href='index800x600.html'
    } else {
    document.location.href='index1024x768.html'
    }

Or something like that...

- Stefan

Adam just fixed it so that you can chose what size you want if it doesnt automaically direct you..hopefully should work now...

Quote Originally Posted by sfiks
    It would be nice to see
    Influences: Don Davis, Eric Whitacre, Hans Zimmer, James Newton Howard, John Williams, and Igor Stravinsky.
    How about Igor Fiodorovic Stravinsky?

Nice

It's very easy to read and get around in. Could use a bit more texture but that is just my opinion

Good god, how many films titled Fear are out there?

Anyhow, good luck and keep pluggin.

James W.G. Smith

James Newton Howard RULES!!!

Nice looking and well structured site! A bit over ambitious though, why forcing the visitor to choose frames or no frames? Is there anyone using a browser which does not handle frames? This approach was common 9 years ago when Netscape 2.0 entered the market.

Regarding your music, it is very promising indeed with strong influences of Russian composers, Prokofiev and Stravinsky in particular. I wish you good luck in your musical career.

Thanks for all the suggestions guys, I'll try to get around to fixing a couple of them soon including putting Stravinsky's first name in

Go Back to forum