• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: "Woodwind Quintet #05"

Share/Bookmark

"Woodwind Quintet #05"

Woodwind fans,

This is another of my world-famous woodwind quintets. This is number five. It was quite a compositional undertaking. I hope that you like it.

GPO:
    Flute Solo V
    Oboe 1 Modern Solo
    Bb Clarinet Solo
    Bassoon 1 Solo
    Horn 1 Solo KS

The composition is in three uninterrupted movements. It is ten minutes in length.

Please forgive the occasional "crackle" in the file.
    http://www.alexandermusic.com/resour...dQuintet05.mp3

My best to all,

Larry A.
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Re: "Woodwind Quintet #05"

hubana-hubana-hubana-hubana-hubana-hubana-hubana-hubana

WOW!!!!!!!

Can I have some of your talant?
    Can I?
    Can I?
    PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEASE???!!!!??!

You're very good at blending woodwinds which is very hard for me.
    NO FAIR!!!!

Oh well, I'll live!

Where did you learn how to write this stuff? Do you give lessons?

Chris

This is a test of the emergency bump system. If this had been a real emergency you would have been instructed where to...

L. A.
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

A final bump before this disappears forever.

L. A.
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

So many demos nowadays, it's not long before they disappear from the front page . . .

You really need to write a treatise on counterpoint I enjoyed this piece, as usual! One of your longer ones I like you always seem to find ways to insert "melodic quotes" from melodies that I've heard before (I hope that's your intent ) Do you ever plan to write something for the full orchestra? With your melodies and counterpoint, I think it would be pretty nice.

By the way, you should also submit your work to the Composer Channel . . . your amount of compositions could beat Kevin's long list

Thanks for sharing your quintet!
    Sean Patrick Hannifin
    My MP3s | My Melody Generator | my album
    "serious music" ... as if the rest of us are just kidding

Larry, isn't GPO fun?

dpDan

Good God, Larry, how do you do it? You just pump out music like there's no tomorrow! And not just any old crap, it's always absolutely amazing! You composer, you! I reckon you have a secret slave who works on your scores while you sleep and when he leaves, you check if he did what you told him to. This is just great stuff (again!) A little hot/distorted in parts but as always, very pleasing to my very large ears.

Thanks

Regards,
    Kin
    "Life is rarely fair..." - Garlan, of Thorandall
    http://pjdeakin.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Kinvint
    Good God, Larry, how do you do it? You just pump out music like there's no tomorrow! And not just any old crap, it's always absolutely amazing! You composer, you! I reckon you have a secret slave who works on your scores while you sleep and when he leaves, you check if he did what you told him to. This is just great stuff (again!) A little hot/distorted in parts but as always, very pleasing to my very large ears.

Thanks
    Regards,

Kin
    Thanks to you for listening. My assistant is not a "him", it's some nubile chicks who rock and who actually do all of my writing for me.

Even though I have a pretty fast computer system (2.4 gHz) with one gig of memory, I sometimes have problems with crackles, pops and distortion when mixing down to mp3. I have used every sequencer setting in the book to no avail.

Regards,

Larry A.
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Quote Originally Posted by SeanHannifin
    So many demos nowadays, it's not long before they disappear from the front page . . .

You really need to write a treatise on counterpoint I enjoyed this piece, as usual! One of your longer ones I like you always seem to find ways to insert "melodic quotes" from melodies that I've heard before (I hope that's your intent ) Do you ever plan to write something for the full orchestra? With your melodies and counterpoint, I think it would be pretty nice.

By the way, you should also submit your work to the Composer Channel . . . your amount of compositions could beat Kevin's long list

Thanks for sharing your quintet!
    I have written many things for full orchestra. Getting them converted over to GPO is another matter. I have hundreds of works on manuscript paper that haven't even been MIDIfied yet.

Thanks for you comments.

My best,

Larry A.
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Quote Originally Posted by DPDAN
    Larry, isn't GPO fun?

dpDan
    Soitenly! Woo woo woo woo woooo! Nyuck, nyuck, nyuck.

(I have no idea why I wrote the preceding.)

Regards,

Larry A.
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast