• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Topic: Lots of RA demos online

Share/Bookmark

Exclamation Lots of RA demos online

We received a bunch of demos from the RA beta team.
    http://www.soundsonline.com/sophtml/...tml?sku=EW-163

Re: Lots of RA demos online

Expedition is still my favorite. It shows off the power of this library.

Those newer demos don't even come close to that. Most of the time they sound like an incoherent sum of phrases.

Quote Originally Posted by Herman Witkam
    Expedition is still my favorite. It shows off the power of this library.
    The instrument with strings and hammers that is heard at 1.13 in the Expedition demo sounds really good. I still would like to know whether or not it is made with phrases. Nick?

I think that the other demos are quite wonderful actually. I think there are some real flashes in there.

As to Nick’s demo, I think that he is not only a great sample developer, but also an exceptional musician.

I pre-ordered RA, and am so looking forward to it. It is very evident how much work went into this library. This plus StormDrum = the world on a hard drive. Another aspect of this is that it ignites curiosity into the cultures and origins of the instruments. That adds a lot of value for me…

…2112
    "So what if some parts of life are a crap shoot? Get out there and shoot the crap." -- Neil Peart
    Hint:1.6180339887498948482 Φ

Quote Originally Posted by Alexcremers
    The instrument with strings and hammers that is heard at 1.13 in the Expedition demo sounds really good. I still would like to know whether or not it is made with phrases. Nick?
    Havent heard it since first release - but I'm pretty sure there are a few phrases in there

Quote Originally Posted by Alexcremers
    No no phrases. That is the Santoor and it's REALLY playable. I also used microtuning on the part.

Expedition does sound absolutely wonderful. Congratulations, Nick. I'll be saving up for RA for sure!

BTW, is there an upgrade price for owners of QL Rare Instruments like myself?

BTW, is there an upgrade price for owners of QL Rare Instruments like myself?
    Yup - you can find the link in the EWQL forum -its a sticky.

I'm sorry I misread - I read the phrase thing as if the demo generaly included phrases. My mistake.

Ordered mine a while ago, and damn i'm looking forward to it. My current project will SO benefit from RA!

Thanks for the tip. 30% off? Out comes my credit card...

~~~~ happens I guess

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast