• Register
  • Help

Topic: Lush Cello Sustain Problem in DP 4.12

Share/Bookmark

Lush Cello Sustain Problem in DP 4.12

In using GPO with DP 4.12, I have noticed that Cello Lush "g, g sharp and a" samples only play for five seconds seconds and then stops.

Couldn't find anything in the forum about this.

Re: Lush Cello Sustain Problem in DP 4.12

Can someone confirm or deny that this is a bug?

Happens everytime for me.

Quote Originally Posted by dubaifox
    Can someone confirm or deny that this is a bug?

Happens everytime for me.
    I have a piece using cello, and didn't meet any problem with (using Dp4.12 too)
    I'll try on the tones you mentioned, but it seems that it's not a problem with Dp because you should have the same problems with other instruments on the same notes... strange, I'll try this tomorrow (too late to do this today :-)
    regards
    On mac G 5 2x2,5 Ghz, 2,5 Go RAM

Dubaifox,

Well, I can't test it on DP (no Macs in this studio) but everything seems to check out OK here. Are you using the updated version of GPO? Many such bugs were squashed in the update. I don't specifically remember if this was one of them.

Tom

This is strange....DP 4.52/Kontakt Player 1.1.0.04 here, no problem with that instrument (dry/section strings/cellos/cellos lush, correct?). Does it happen in GPO standalone for you? Maybe try togglling DFD on and off again? Sounds like something that could happen if the cached part of the sample was played but not the streaming....but that would surely be shorter than 5 seconds.

Brian

Thanks for the responses guys.

It was doing this when I was using DP 4.12 with my Digi 002 as the sound output (which gives equally bad performance as Pro Tools) but also when I was using the Mac's Internal Sound.

Thanks for the tip Brian. Toggling on and then off DFD did the trick. Works fine now!

wow, that was a total guess on my part...glad it worked.

Go Back to forum