• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: VSL Demo

Share/Bookmark

VSL Demo

Hi,

Can someone point me to an mp3 made using the VSL that comes with GigaStudio?
    Also possibly the home page for the Vienna libraries?

Thank you,

Steve

Re: VSL Demo

Thank you!

Sorry, but I must be blind. Please clarify exactly what demo on that page was made with the version of VSO that comes with GSt3 Orchestra? I must be blind but I don't see any mp3's on that page and when I go to the demo's section it's unclear to me which versions are being used for each demo.

Vienna Demos?
    New Classic Demos?
    Horizon Demos?
    User Demos?

I cannot find anything that specifically says it was created with this version. I have not been through every user submitted page but the few I looked at don't say what version they are using.

I'm not trying to be tough or anything but I'm having no fun with this library. I am SURE that it's my own limitations. I'm really hoping to find some MIDI files that demonstrate how to really use it, wither on the web or shared through people here. I asked a similar question in the VSO forums. 68 views. NOt a single response... :-((

Thanks,
    Mark

The VSL stuff that comes with GS3 is a semi-stripped down version to introduce people to the library. You won't find a demo specifically for it on the site. The included articulations of each VSL library are well documented on their site, so you can compare the GS3 version that way. The real magic of Vienna is in the performance set IMO.

Colin

This is a demo I made back when I first got Gigastudio 3. It's not bombastic but I think VSL works best under more intimate circumstances anyhow.

used harp, flute and clarinet with Gigapulse. All 24 bit.

Trio

Quote Originally Posted by dcoscina
    This is a demo I made back when I first got Gigastudio 3. It's not bombastic but I think VSL works best under more intimate circumstances anyhow.

used harp, flute and clarinet with Gigapulse. All 24 bit.

Trio
    Thank you!
    That is very nicely done.

Steve

The stuff that comes with GS is great. While it is stripped down from the larger VSL library, I would definitely not put it in the "demo" category. It does not have performance elements (except for clarinet and viola I think). It does contain legato sustains (+modwheel volume) as well as some very basic articulations like tremolos, staccatos, trills. The percussion elements are a fairly complete representation of basic orchestral percussion.

I'm a little curious. I have Opus 1, which is a stripped down 16-bit version of the Pro series. Does anyone know in more detail how the GS 3 edition stuff compares to/differs from Opus 1 - besides seemingly being 24 bit I guess.

EDIT: Seems like I found that info, on GS site. GS orchestra is even more stripped down than Opus 1 - however 24-bit.
    Kid: When I become an adult I wanna be a musician.
    Parent: Son, you cannot become both.

No no no. Opus 1 is much more involved than the Vienna Giga Library. Don't worry- you've got the goods including the legato performance patches. VGL only has a couple demo patches from the VSL library including the Bb clarinet (1 octave) and viola.

Go Back to forum