• Register
  • Help

Topic: Defraging a Drive Issue Woth v3.04

Share/Bookmark

Defraging a Drive Issue With v3.04

Hi all,

When a attempting to defrag my C: drive, after 1% the system locks up.
    I have reported this to Tascam. I have isolated the problem after trying many restore points in XP Professional to Gigastudio 3.04. If you remove GS3.04, the defrag works fine..

I have 2 gigs Ram and plenty of Hard drives working running under PIV 3.2ghz processor.

Anybody experiencing the same issue..

Alan Russell
    Please Visit My New & Revised Official Website Below

http://AlanRussell-Music.com

Re: Defraging a Drive Issue Woth v3.04

Did you turn off the quicksound file scan before doing the defrag? Also, you should have quicksound configured to ignore the C: drive, since you likely don't have any samples there.

It's been a while since I defragged. I'll try it soon. I already have quicksound configured to ignore the C: drive and not to do any background scans.

-JF

Quote Originally Posted by JonFairhurst
    Did you turn off the quicksound file scan before doing the defrag? Also, you should have quicksound configured to ignore the C: drive, since you likely don't have any samples there.

It's been a while since I defragged. I'll try it soon. I already have quicksound configured to ignore the C: drive and not to do any background scans.

-JF

Hi Jon,

thanks for the reply. I am going ahead and just creating a quicksound file for my Library "D" drive. I was able to do a defrag in Safemode. How do I turn off the quicksound file scan? Which screen or prompt is it on?

Thanks bud!

Alan Russell

Hi Alan,

I just defragged my C: drive this afternoon without problems.

To turn off the file scanning go to GigaStudio Settings (F2), QuickSound Tab, uncheck Monitor File Activity (lower left corner). After doing this, you will need to manually rescan your system whenever you change your gigs, delete them or load new ones.

To target just your sample drive, click the "Advanced settings" button, that is right next to the Monifor File Activity checkbox. Uncheck all but your gig drive.

That should do the trick!

All the best...

-JF

Quote Originally Posted by JonFairhurst
    Hi Alan,

I just defragged my C: drive this afternoon without problems.

To turn off the file scanning go to GigaStudio Settings (F2), QuickSound Tab, uncheck Monitor File Activity (lower left corner). After doing this, you will need to manually rescan your system whenever you change your gigs, delete them or load new ones.

To target just your sample drive, click the "Advanced settings" button, that is right next to the Monifor File Activity checkbox. Uncheck all but your gig drive.

That should do the trick!

All the best...

-JF

Jon,

so far that did the trick. I don't mind the manual procedure at all. Since I work with samples and streaming video, my drives need to be defragged often. I can't thank you enough for your expertise in this matter.

BTW, if you get a chance give a listen to the new demo I did for Kip.

The demo features "The Bass" and the Imperial Borsendorfer.
    I also posted the demo on my website with some added Motif Dr. Jazz Kit Drums....It's titled "Don't Go Pushin' Me Around"

Alan Russell

Nice demo! Sounds just like the musical interludes in NPR's Michael Feldman What Do You Know show. Your chops continue to get smoother and smoother! I like the cool groove.

The Bass is just as described. Super clean with lots of attack and less sustain compared to steel string basses. Very nice!

-JF

Go Back to forum