• Register
  • Help

Topic: More midi files, please !!

Share/Bookmark

Smile More midi files, please !!

Hi everybody !

I have listen a lot of audio demos of GPO created by the users of this forum and I have to say that there's a lot of audio titles that I'm very impressed...

... but no midi files.

Putting the midi files are the best way that all other users can learn and understand the powerful of GPO.

So... please, that we welcome if you can post also your midi files of the audio demos you link in your topics.

It's only a suggestion...

Thank you.

Re: More midi files, please !!

Quote Originally Posted by Revert
    Hi everybody !

I have listen a lot of audio demos of GPO created by the users of this forum and I have to say that there's a lot of audio titles that I'm very impressed...

... but no midi files.

Putting the midi files are the best way that all other users can learn and understand the powerful of GPO.

So... please, that we welcome if you can post also your midi files of the audio demos you link in your topics.

It's only a suggestion...

Thank you.
    Please be assured that I am in no way referring to you, but posting MIDI files can be risky. There are predators who download your MIDI files and claim them as their own or they make crappy alterations to your music and pass it around or use your music in a commercial way without giving you credit or compensation. I have been a victim of these practices many times in the past. By using the Google search engine, I have found my compositions on web sites all over the world with someone else's name attached to them. One anal orifice changed the instrumentation on a large number of my works and totally screwed them up and another jerk stole one of my compositions, put his name on it and dedicated it to his girlfriend on his website! The latter case was brought to my attention by a friend.

I don't post MIDI files any more.

Regards,

Larry A.
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Oh !! I'm sorry Larry. I'm totally agree with you.

That what I want to say is referred to classical pieces arrangements and to the people who don't worry to share his own midi files, at his own risk. Something similar to the files that you find in the resources page, and oriented to learning purposes.

In my situation, seeing how a classical piece is arranged and programmed in midi into GPO is enough. I'm sure there's a lot of composers in this forum that can let his knowledge...

Thank you.

Perhaps an email exchange would be a slightly safer way to trade MIDI files... at least then you know who you're sending your work to.
    Steve A. Gallant

www.SteveGallant.com

Go Back to forum