• Register
  • Help

Topic: Another newbie first GPO piece

Share/Bookmark

Another newbie first GPO piece

Here's my first attempt at a piece with GPO. It's a String Quartet piece to attempt to keep things simple. I'm a guitar player by training if helps illustrate how woefully unprepared I am for the world of GPO, but I would appreciate feedback anyway.

Wildflowers in Spring

Re: Another newbie first GPO piece

Quote Originally Posted by johnpinker
    Here's my first attempt at a piece with GPO. It's a String Quartet piece to attempt to keep things simple. I'm a guitar player by training if helps illustrate how woefully unprepared I am for the world of GPO, but I would appreciate feedback anyway.

Wildflowers in Spring
    Judging from this, I would not say you are unprepared for GPO at all. I like the mix and the sounds you've used for each string part. I also like the music itself. Especially the key changes from 1:20 onwards. It'd be nice to hear this piece developed further. Thanks for sharing.

Regards,
    Kin
    "Life is rarely fair..." - Garlan, of Thorandall
    http://pjdeakin.blogspot.com/

Re: Another newbie first GPO piece

I think you are completely prepared for GPO. You've got these strings singin' mighty purdy (I've been watching Deadwood on HBO, so pardon my speech ). In fact - you've inspired me to play more with the strings. I've really only used the string sections not the solos. They are stunning and you showed them off beautifully with this piece. I absolutey enjoyed this piece.

Thank you and welcome aboard .
    -----------------------------
    - Michael Fortunato

Go Back to forum