• Register
  • Help

Topic: VotA in Kompakt ?

Share/Bookmark

VotA in Kompakt ?

Hi, I'm new here, and I'm thinking about buying kontakt or kompakt. I must admit the price is a big factor in my decision, so, so far, I'm more into kompakt...
    But I was wondering if someone has successfully loaded vota gig's into kompakt... I've read that people did so in kontakt, but couldn't find anything from a kompakt user...

I'm planning to buy several stuff on friday (EWQLSO silver, battery 2 and either kompakt or kontakt), in a store in Paris, France, that's why the price is quite important for me, I'm starting my own company, and I have a lot of things to pay.

Thanks in advance,
    Kevin.

Re: VotA in Kompakt ?

Even though I have never tried it, the Kompakt manual does state:

KOMPAKT can import sound file formats from BATTERY, AKAI S-1000/S-3000, EXS, HALion, SF2, LM4, Gigasampler and of course, AIFF, WAV and SDII files with resolutions from 8 to 32 bits are supported as well.
    However, you might want to buy Kontakt, especially given that a new version of Kontakt is coming soon [March 2005] (and given that Kompakt is a derivative product of Kontakt). At least in the U.S., if you buy Kontakt 1.5 now, you get a free upgrade to Kontakt 2.

Thanks a lot for your answer...

Actually, I think I'm gonna buy Symphony Choirs, since I'm already buying EWQLSO silver, I might as well take advantage of the 30% discount...

So I won't be needing kontakt (well not right now).

Thanks again,
    Kevin.

One Kontakt can load 16 sounds, Kompakt only 8.

One instance of Kontakt uses less CPU than two instances of Kompakt!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Martin Hines
    Even though I have never tried it, the Kompakt manual does state:

However, you might want to buy Kontakt, especially given that a new version of Kontakt is coming soon [March 2005] (and given that Kompakt is a derivative product of Kontakt). At least in the U.S., if you buy Kontakt 1.5 now, you get a free upgrade to Kontakt 2.
    I think its not free . Look at NI`s website .
    There is a grace period but you need to pay a little.
    I think less then $100 .

Thanks for the correction. If one buys Kontakt 1.5 now, you must pay an additional $ 199 for the update (still cheaper than buying Kontakt 2):

http://www.audiomidi.com/common/cfm/...t.cfm?pid=6290

Quote Originally Posted by Martin Hines
    Thanks for the correction. If one buys Kontakt 1.5 now, you must pay an additional $ 199 for the update (still cheaper than buying Kontakt 2):

http://www.audiomidi.com/common/cfm/...t.cfm?pid=6290
    Its not that expensive . Look here

http://www.native-instruments.com/in...kontakt2upd_us

$119 US , for Grace period buyers .

Go Back to forum