• Register
  • Help

Topic: DAW

Share/Bookmark

DAW

Does anyone have any advice on the best, inexpensive (under $2,000) digital audio workstation out there?

Re: DAW

This is who built mine. I've been very pleased with it.

Dawbox

Earl

Had my latest DAW built by these guys. Awesome, and well under $2000.
    Careful, man, there's a beverage here!
    www.stevegoers.com

I have 2 rack computers from DAWBOX. Easy company to work with. Very happy with product.

Quote Originally Posted by rageangel
    Does anyone have any advice on the best, inexpensive (under $2,000) digital audio workstation out there?
    Good question...
    Styxx

Lightbulb Re: DAW

Personally, I've had good luck and good experience with standard SONY VAIO desktops. I have three of them (one for a "utility" computer and two for music) with processors of 3.2 gHz, 2.66 gHz and 2.2 gHz (for the "utility").

The one thing to look for is plenty of RAM slots (especially with Windows-64 coming soon -- or is it here?). My latest has 2 gig RAM (max'd out) and I wish there was room for 4 gig. (RAM is getting cheaper and DAW applications like lots of it.)

I hope this adds to the discussion. KevinKauai

I bought from these guys. www.digitalaudiowave.com You'll probably have some luck. Hope I've helped!

I also purchased one from Digital Audio Wave . I usually build my own but these guys hooked me up cheap and gave me some great software deals .

Quote Originally Posted by rageangel
    rageangel,

How about building your own? There's a certain satisfaction that goes with building your own system. And you may know how to fix it when it blows up.

Gary Garritan

Go Back to forum