• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: To Eric Of Spectrasonics

Share/Bookmark

To Eric Of Spectrasonics

Hello Eric...I was just wondering...Have you ever used the Korg Legacy collection?

Re: To Eric Of Spectrasonics

Yeah...great product for sure.

Especially if you are a vintage Korg fan :-)

spectrum

So Eric...Isn't it a great feature how you can use the effects independently within other VST instruments?...I just think that was genius at work...Don't you?....Eric?

rofl. what a setup question :-). It has been said that the licensing from the creators of the fx's in rmx prohibit spectrasonics from using them as standalone vst effects. Maybe Eric can comment on that.
    rsp
    richard sven
    sound sculptist
    ------------------
    Nuendo 4.3 | Intel DP35DP : Intel Quad Core QX 6700 : 4GB RAM | Windows XP Pro SP3 | Lynx Two C | Midisport 2x2 | 2xUAD-1, UAD-2 Quad |

Cubase 4.5.2 | MacBookPro 2.16 Ghz | 10.6.3 | 2GB | TC Konnekt 8

Yeah, I thought it was cute in my sick sarcastic humor kind of way....I would love to see this implemented into RMX but I would understand why it's not possible if there are other parties involved legal wise...Regardless RMX is a phenominal piece that's worth every penny...I'll probably finally be buying 2 of the expansions later this week as well...but Eric...It was a work of genius...right?.....

Wow...that was a sucker punch!

Of course I know that's a cool thing to have. But keep in mind that the legacy collection is $499 too!

The FX alone in RMX as a separate pro-audio FX plug-in product would retail for over a grand.

Our FX development approach allows us maximum flexibility for the future of RMX, since it allows our in-house team to collaborate with any creative DSP coder we want to work with. We designed and customized many of the RMX effects completely in-house too.

It's a common request to have them available separately, but the RMX FX rack is intentionally designed as a unique set of processors that are exclusive to RMX....part of it's signature sound.

spectrum

ATTENTION- The following is intended as some harmless humor! Just a little poking...I honestly do not believe any of this nor am I trying to cause hard feelings...Just a laugh...I have great respect for Eric and his company and think all his products, not just RMX are nothing short of phenomenal...That being said, sometimes my mind puts a very sarcastic spin on anything I see or read and many times I find humor in these thoughts even though they are at someone else's expense...I really don't think it's too harsh though or I wouldn't post it...And yes! I live in the country far away from the city livin the redneck life! And boy do I see some good ones!

"Wow...that was a sucker punch!"

Translated - Wha da ya mean there's toilet paper on my shoe?

"Of course I know that's a cool thing to have. But keep in mind that the legacy collection is $499 too!"

Translated - That's ALOT more money than RMX costs!!!!!

"The FX alone in RMX as a separate pro-audio FX plug-in product would retail for over a grand."

Translated - Just the FX and nothing else?...Well I'd charge TWICE the price of the korg collection for that!!!!

"Our FX development approach allows us maximum flexibility for the future of RMX, since it allows our in-house team to collaborate with any creative DSP coder we want to work with. We designed and customized many of the RMX effects completely in-house too."

Translated - BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH.

"It's a common request to have them available separately, but the RMX FX rack is intentionally designed as a unique set of processors that are exclusive to RMX....part of it's signature sound."

Translated - Well....We know ALOT of people would like em separated but the truth is we don't know how! We kinda built em at the same time ya know....Together (clasp hands together as demonstration) - like 2 peas in a pod and well....You know what they say about hindsight...Kinda shot ourselves in the foot on that one! MAKE NOTE: Secretly send Korg email asking how they keep theirs separated and maybe make some sense of it all!

You seem sad and lonely. I hope things get better for you.

While the effects in RMX and other Spectrasonics products seems to be top-notch, it's not as if the effects plug-in market is lacking. There's plenty of free stuff to boot.

So what's all the hubub, bub?
    I remain solely responsible for the content of my messages, and agree to indemnify and hold harmless northern sound source, and their agents with respect to any claim based upon transmission of my message(s). Rock on.

I suppose it would be possible as a work-around to import the audio into ReCycle, export it as a 1 slice .rex file and them import it into RMX. So assuming that everything is playing at the original tempo it should sound peachy with the added benefit of using the built-in effects.

A pain but worth it if no other effect will do.

I wonder if this is what is keeping RMX from being able to import Apple Loops and Acid files? Maybe that would make it that much easier to use this work-around?
    >>Kays
    http://www.musicbykays.com
    Music Composition for Feature Films, Television and Interactive Entertainment

Go Back to forum