• Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: How frightening...

Share/Bookmark

How frightening...

sponsored links

***Advertisments***
    http://www.engadget.com/entry/1234000017031341/

Let's see how many other ways we can destroy our kids' youth. I completed high school just four years ago and I'm glad I missed this stuff...
    Alan Lastufka | www.BelaDMedia.com
    Producer/Artistic Design | Content Producer

20 Things

Re: How frightening...

Many problems have a technical solution. A company I used to work for got a new CEO who was convinced that personal use of the copiers was a large problem. Everyone was issued copier cards, so that everyone's copy use could be measured.

Someone reprogrammed his own card, and those of many others. It then appeared that the CEO was making an astounding number of copies, and the program was dropped.

Those kids will be wearing fake tags within a week, with the real ones carried by others. More technically challenging solutions may arise. That may be the real reason for the experiment; to encourage electronic experimentation by the students, and to make the inventor of suceesful countermeasures popular. Anyone else know how to make electronics cool? That principal is a genius, or else an idiot who achieves the same result as a genius. That happens sometimes.

Not to mention where this is leading - yeah the tags will be mutilated or reprogrammed or just carried by friends for cash - and when all this happens - the principle joked about implanting them!

20 Things

Wow. It's nice to hear some original thinking and interesting looks at issues here. Thanks guys.
    "They get what they vote for." PaulR

I just can't believe how easily people are giving up their freedoms. It's making me fear where we will be ten years from now when all businesses are handing out these tags and tracking every move of their employees, and then colleges and libraries and banks and...

20 Things

The worst part of it is, is how does someone fight it? There's so many people willing to do it, so those against it can't fight back lest they be chastised or made to feel the enemy.

Pitty. People are so foolish.

Yup, I totally agree. The problem, though, is that if you don't like the way the business runs it, you're only option is to find another one to work for. If you're on their time, I guess they have the right to know what you're doing. You are right though. Citizens lose more of their freedoms every day. It's especially scary when you consider things like the Patriot Act here in the United States. Big government equals big problems in my opinion.

It's okay Alan...Big Brother and I are drinking buddies. I'll put in a good word for you.

Hopefully some enterprising student will figure out how to hack the badge, plant it in the principal's shoe and catch him in the middle of an all-nighter with a transvestite.

Only then will the principal understand what's wrong with this picture.
    --
    Robert Gregory Browne
    KISS HER GOODBYE (now available)
    KILLER YEAR: Stories to Die For (Jan. 2008)
    WHISPER IN THE DARK (2008)
    St. Martin's Press
    http://www.robertgregorybrowne.com

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast