• Register
  • Help

Topic: O/T A really stupid question

Share/Bookmark

O/T A really stupid question

Why is it that if you post in some threads you now get a spellcheck button but in sum uther threds u doughnt??

Re: O/T A really stupid question

I don't know

Lightbulb Re: O/T A really stupid question

Are you sure you're not confusing the two different sets of BUTTONS (one of which doesn't have the "SpellCheck" button). The lower set (where you also can set other options such as Thread replies) has "SpellCheck" and, in my experience, the upper one doesn't. Interesting design.

KevinKauai

Quote Originally Posted by KevinKauai
    Are you sure you're not confusing the two different sets of BUTTONS (one of which doesn't have the "SpellCheck" button). The lower set (where you also can set other options such as Thread replies) has "SpellCheck" and, in my experience, the upper one doesn't. Interesting design.

KevinKauai
    I don't think so. Like, my initial post in this thread had a spellcheck button. This quote does not. I have quoted in other threads and it does. I tried every button on this page for this reply and didn't get one. It's like it's random. There mst bee an ansur!!

For me the spell check button appears when I am either editing a post I already made or posting a new topic. When I am replying to an open thread and the window of the what is in the thread so far is showing below, the spell check button is not there. I think I am right
    Sean Patrick Hannifin
    My MP3s | My Melody Generator | my album
    "serious music" ... as if the rest of us are just kidding

Quote Originally Posted by SeanHannifin
    For me the spell check button appears when I am either editing a post I already made or posting a new topic. When I am replying to an open thread and the window of the what is in the thread so far is showing below, the spell check button is not there. I think I am right
    Huh, I could swear I've seen the button when just replying but it's definitely there when doing an edit. I think you have it!!

What a weird system!

OK, in the Sample Libraries sections you get spellcheck for any reply or quote, but here in GPOland you only get spellcheck when you edit or originate a post. What the heck is the deal?? (Do they just assume GPO users are better spellers??)

Btw, apparently the spellchecker doesn't know the word "spellcheck"

Go Back to forum