• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Topic: O.T: How do you get it to stop

Share/Bookmark

Unhappy O.T: How do you get it to stop

I dont know if its just me or what, but say for example you hear some tune in the supermarket eg Tie a yellow ribbon round the old oak tree or some other trash, sometimes i will hear the tune and have difficulty getting it out of my head , like i will keep replaying it .

Has anyone else noticed this?

or know how to get it to stop?

Re: O.T: How do you get it to stop

You mean something like this!!!

http://www.weebls-stuff.com/toons/54/

There is only one sure fire way to get an annoying tune out of your head.

Replace it with another one.

Repeat after me -

"Here's the story --- of a lovely lady "

I just replace it with something I like. Like Shostakovich string quartet no. 8.

Jose

Charles--

You may be in more trouble than you know. Supermarkets now base the music they play on the customers who come in at various times of the week--they've hired firms to calculate who shops when and where. Their research indicates that you like this music.

You are changing. Close your eyes and let yourself feel the change.

Just bring your iPod to the supermarket.
    No need to hear all the trash they are playing.

Has anyone noticed that certain Safeway supermarkets have replaced elevator music with soft Christian Rock? Is this subliminal propaganda ? As a non-believer I find it AS offensive as elevator stuff..particularly when shopping late nights and there is no crowd noise to cover the incipet lyrics and tuneless twnging.

My solution-- humm Die Fledermaus, and waltz up the aisles. The manager has not called the guys in the white coats yet.

Talking Re: O.T: How do you get it to stop

Quote Originally Posted by Jake Johnson
    Charles--

You may be in more trouble than you know. Supermarkets now base the music they play on the customers who come in at various times of the week--they've hired firms to calculate who shops when and where. Their research indicates that you like this music.

You are changing. Close your eyes and let yourself feel the change.
    can you recommend any therapy ?

but also i want it to stop , but not by replacing it with other music, god silence is beautiful, this world is just to noisy

Quote Originally Posted by charles
    I dont know if its just me or what, but say for example you hear some tune in the supermarket eg Tie a yellow ribbon round the old oak tree or some other trash, sometimes i will hear the tune and have difficulty getting it out of my head , like i will keep replaying it .

You get it to stop by going home - get out your pump action 12 gauge - plenty of ammo - go back to the supermarket - and blow all the tannoys the fk out of their wall mountings.

That'll make it stop.

Quote Originally Posted by charles

Commit suicide...if its a country song

HEY I'M A SENIOR MEMBER NOW

Go Back to forum