• Register
  • Help

Topic: "Waltz Of The Bagels"

Share/Bookmark

Talking "Waltz Of The Bagels"

Bagel Fans,

This is my "Waltz Of The Bagels" for string orchestra.

http://www.alexandermusic.com/resour...fTheBagels.mp3

Take care,

Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Re: "Waltz Of The Bagels"

Brilliant, sparkling, and lox of fun! (Beat that one, Styxx!) I just can't imagine better harpsichord writing. Love the harmonies, and the twists at the end. Texture is perfect too--not too thick or thin.

Quote Originally Posted by danveach
    Brilliant, sparkling, and lox of fun! (Beat that one, Styxx!) I just can't imagine better harpsichord writing. Love the harmonies, and the twists at the end. Texture is perfect too--not too thick or thin.
    My goodness! Thank you, Daniel.

Lox of fun? Oy Vey! Groan... Was it as smooth as cream cheese too?

I wanted to musically paint a visual impression of these doughnut cousins dancing around an eighteenth century ballroom. Forgive me as I get back on my medication now.

Regards,

Larry A.

Very good!
    I loved it!!!!
    Terriffic!!!
    Very fun!
    The picture in my mind was more of exquisite fancy pasteries dancing about in an eighteenth-centuary ballroom.
    I'm not all that experienced in composition, but I really like the more relaxed feel of this peice. Some harpsichord music is so "strict" sounding and makes you feel like you can't move. (of course, I haven't heard all that much harpsichord music in my life, so this statement is just coming from Bach and Vilvaldi's harpsichord stuff)
    If I want a more "creamy" sound (I've never written for harpsichord before, so don't take my word for it), I try to use an instrument that has a more round tone, especially with begals being round. So maybe the more muted harpsi stop? I really wouldn't know being a newbie and all that, but you might want to try it. (Or is it already in the muted harpsi stop? I can't tell!) For all I know, the muted harpsi might ruin the light, fun feel peice.

Well, I really enjoyed this peice. It's a dark, gloomy day here in NJ, and your music just lightened it up!

Chris

Thanks, Chris. If you like harpsichord, listen to my "Three-Manual Labor" which is posted on this page. It is a demo of all three of the GPO harpsichord sounds.

My best,

Larry A.

Go Back to forum