• Register
  • Help

Topic: Can't find Ambience reverb in Home Studio 2

Share/Bookmark

Can't find Ambience reverb in Home Studio 2

Hey guys,

I posted this in the other thread the other day, but haven't heard anything yet. Sorry for the double post, but I'd really like to get this figured out.

I recently got Cakewalk Home Studio 2. I wanted to use GPO as a VST, which works fine, by the way, however, I can't seem to locate the Ambience reverb plug-in anywhere. Anyone have any ideas? I have copies of it in varies VST/DXI folders all of my computer, so I can't figure out what gives.

I've run the Cakewalk VST Adapter, but still, I got nothing! :-) It brings up several copies of the Ambience in the wrapper, but once I get into Home Studio, I can't find it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Technically, it should be just like Sonar right? Well, I couldn't find it in Sonar either. In at a loss here. Oh well, I guess I'll just go listen to some Beethoven! :-)

Thanks,
    Jonny
    For more information, check out www.jonathoncox.com/intro.html

"The trouble with music appreciation in general is that people are taught to have too much respect for music they should be taught to love it instead." - Igor Stravinsky

Re: Can't find Ambience reverb in Home Studio 2

Quote Originally Posted by Jonny Lost
    Hey guys,

I posted this in the other thread the other day, but haven't heard anything yet. Sorry for the double post, but I'd really like to get this figured out.

I recently got Cakewalk Home Studio 2. I wanted to use GPO as a VST, which works fine, by the way, however, I can't seem to locate the Ambience reverb plug-in anywhere. Anyone have any ideas? I have copies of it in varies VST/DXI folders all of my computer, so I can't figure out what gives.

I've run the Cakewalk VST Adapter, but still, I got nothing! :-) It brings up several copies of the Ambience in the wrapper, but once I get into Home Studio, I can't find it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Technically, it should be just like Sonar right? Well, I couldn't find it in Sonar either. In at a loss here. Oh well, I guess I'll just go listen to some Beethoven! :-)

Thanks,
    Jonny
    There should be some sort of plug-in manager application within Home Studio. There is in Sonar. You need to let the software look around and register all the plugins on your system, so it knows where to find them.

Jim

Jim,

Hi. Thanks for the reply. I did let the VST Adapter search fot all the plug-ins.vvIt finds the plug-in, but once I open up Home Studio, I can't find it in any of the DXI or Audio effects menus. Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks for the help,
    Jonny

"The trouble with music appreciation in general is that people are taught to have too much respect for music they should be taught to love it instead." - Igor Stravinsky

Jim,

Hi. Thanks for the reply. I did let the VST Adapter search fot all the plug-ins.vvIt finds the plug-in, but once I open up Home Studio, I can't find it in any of the DXI or Audio effects menus. Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks for the help,
    Jonny
    Well, did you try the synth rack view? I think there is one in CW Home Studio. Perhaps later today I will install Home Studio and see what I can do and find that will be helpful.

Richard

Jim,

Thanks for the help,
    Jonny
    Well, I just installed Home Studio, and it found the VST and DXi plug ins of GPO as it should. My version, 1.02, does not have the synth rack view, and perhaps 2.0 also does not.

All I did was load CWHS, expand an audio track, right click in FX, and there they were, listed correctly, and opened correctly.

If this does not work, post a step by step description of your attempts, and I will help you figure this out (I hope).

Richard

Added:

I just installed GPO Studio, to get the ambience back on my machine. It also works correctly, with Sonar 4, Sonar 2.2, and Home Studio.

I am wondering what version of Sonar you are using. Sonar 4 includes its own VST adapter, and if you had previously installed the separate VST adapter, they will both be on your system, and probably confilcting. What I did was uninstall both of them, then re-install Sonar, and then you have only on VST adapter. I would for sure remove the extra copies of ambience or vst that you have. The path that you need is

Program Files\Garritan\Studio\VST Plugins

Presuming you have a PC. But a Mac would be similar.

Richard
    Last edited by rwayland; 02-11-2005 at 05:41 PM. Reason: added

Richard,

Hi. Thanks for the replies. I'm no longer using Sonar and I have taken it off of my computer. I use Home Studio now. I uninstalled and reinstalled Home Studio 2 and the VST Adapter. I made sure that the VST Adapter was going to check the Garritan VST File and ran the scan. The Adapter locates the file, but Home Studio doesn't. It finds the GPO VST and DXI files fine.

I'm lost. I hope this helps.

Talk to you soon,
    Jonny

Jonny,

Try coping the Garritan Ambience.dll into Home Studio's VST folder and see if it shows up.

Gary

Gary,

Welcome back from Texas. I just tried to copy the Garritan Ambience.dll to the Cakewalk Shared DXI folder, re-ran the VST Adapter, it found it, opened up Home Studio and got nothing. This is really weird. It works fine in GPO Studio, but not in Cakewalk Home Studio. Like I said, weird. Could it not be recognizing it because I have multiple copies of the plug-in on my computer? Oh well, enough for tonight. Maybe we'll get it fixed tomorrow.

Talk to you soon,
    Jonny

Go Back to forum