• Register
  • Help

Topic: Uninstalling Windoz XP

Share/Bookmark

Uninstalling Windoz XP

I have a computer that was just recently built, and I want to UN install the OS that's in it which is Windows XP .....I wll then RE install the OS and see if it helps me installing my other applications that I'm having a problem with ...
    Everything I see on the internet show's me how to do the UN install if I have upgraded to XP ....I did NOT upgrade.....This is the original OS....How do I UN install it propoerly ?....Thanks to all....Sincerely, JIm

Re: Uninstalling Windoz XP

Jim,

The "Reinstall" link I sent you includes a "delete" partition step, which effectively erases your hard drive. Therefore you don't need to "Uninstall".

That is why chose the "Install on Old Drive" task list; it allows you do wipe the hard drive (delete partition) .

http://www.windowsreinstall.com/winx...exfullpage.htm

See "PART 2", where is says "The next step is to delete the partition, press 'D' to delete..."

P.S. - I would suggest you turn Hyperthreading ON, given that GS3 v3.04 seems to have fixed the HT problem for most people.

Thanks again Martin.....I missed that when reading it ..I just read this link, and it says it's for XP Pro .....I have SP1 ...Is it the same procedure for SP1 ?.....Thanks again....Sincerely, Jim

It's the same process for SP1.

We'll make a Windows lover out of you yet. The beatings will continue until morale improves.

-JF

Thank you master for the info.....Let the beating continue ....

"I'm a Mac Man , and you can beat me all you want" " I will WHIP this PC "

See how this crap is effecting me ?......Jim

Jim--
    What applications are you having troubling installing? Before you do a re-install, let me know. It's going to wreak havoc with your GS3 installation.

Keith

Quote Originally Posted by synthnut
    Thanks again Martin.....I missed that when reading it ..I just read this link, and it says it's for XP Pro .....I have SP1 ...Is it the same procedure for SP1 ?.....Thanks again....Sincerely, Jim
    Jim,

To clarify, there are four Windows XP products:
    - Windows XP Home
    - Windows XP Professional
    - Windows XP Tablet PC Edition
    - Windows XP Media Center Edition.

I assume you have either XP Home or XP Professional (I assumed XP Pro). "SP" stands for "Service Pack", which means that the basic OS is bundled with a specific set of bug fixes and updates.

Here is some text from Microsoft:
    Microsoft continually works to improve its software. As part of this effort, we develop updates and fixes to recognized issues and release them for customers. On a regular basis, we combine many of these fixes into a single package and make the package available for you to install on your computers. These packages are called Service Packs.
    Therefore, the procedure would be the same for "XP Pro" or "XP Pro SP-1".

Keith,
    I emailed you, and also called .... .....Jim

Go Back to forum