• Register
  • Help

Topic: Music for Theater "On the Verge"

Share/Bookmark

Red face Music for Theater "On the Verge"

Heya,

HMMM....I accidentally clicked the frowny face and now its stuck there - don't worry , nothing to frown about.

I'm working on some more music for the theater:

Anything that is orchestral is gpo.

music!

if i were to recommend any it would be:

atmospheric harp:the new logic sculpture synth with a garritan harp.
    pianoHarpy:lots of playing around on the acoustic guitar - using it for percussion. Clarinet, harp, basses, piano
    Honey Comb:arp'd clarinet and basson with plucked strings. soothing french horn and trombone blasts in the end.

As always i appreciate feedback or any tips. most of these are quick sketches done for the directors to review and approve for further development. I've been doing batches of 3 or 4 in a day - just whipping them out and keeping ideas coming without getting bogged down in details....so some of them are a bit rough.

The play is about 3 female victorian explorers who end up time travelling to 1955 and beyond. All the sets will be projected behind the actors - it should be something to behold

it's my fifth theater production in the last year and i think my compositions are progressing pretty well.

Just got a new g5 with a dose of ram,Logic 7, gpo and phatmatik pro. Loving it - apart from the daily crash or two.

thanks for any feedback.

sam

Re: Music for Theater "On the Verge"

I can't get it to play...

Quote Originally Posted by moviemaestro
    I can't get it to play...
    there we go...spaced that one. sorry.

Nice stuff Sam! "Trombones" reminds me very much of the computer game "Little Big Adventure 2". Don't know if you ever played it.

I enjoyed listening to your work, thanks for sharing.

Kin
    "Life is rarely fair..." - Garlan, of Thorandall
    http://pjdeakin.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Kinvint
    Nice stuff Sam! "Trombones" reminds me very much of the computer game "Little Big Adventure 2". Don't know if you ever played it.

I enjoyed listening to your work, thanks for sharing.

Kin
    thanks kin,
    i hadn't used the trombones before that piece......maybe because i was a euphonium player and thought the trombones got all the glory??

Nice textures, Sam! Very imaginative. Some playful...some moody. Keep it up(as if you were on the verge to not keep it up ).
    ~Rudy
    helmproductions.com
    =====================
    Rock-a-doodle-doooo!!

Quote Originally Posted by neoTypic
    Wow! Nice stuff! I really dig your use of tone colours.
    thanks! i don't REALLY know what tone colors are...but i think i know what you mean.

I've added a few new ones to the page:
    http://www.samgreene.com/ontheverge.php

The deadline is coming up in the next few days - everything is shaping up nicely - I have about 23 minutes of distinct music this far, with repeated bits it comes close to 30. Someone said: "So it's a musical?"...ummm no, the play is 2:25 long!

Quote Originally Posted by Daag Nabbott
    Nice textures, Sam! Very imaginative. Some playful...some moody. Keep it up(as if you were on the verge to not keep it up ).
    Thanks Rudy!
    I've been belting them out the past weekend - technical rehearsals start saturday - but setting sound levels begins tomorrow, so tonight is my last night to work on it.

the play is a comedy - i really have to make a consious effort to create playful and bright music. If i just make random music, it normally comes out quite...melancholy.

Go Back to forum