• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Topic: I need more midi ports

Share/Bookmark

I need more midi ports

I am using GS3 Orchestra with an RME Hammerfall HDSP 9652 soundcard with tremendous, rock solid performance, but I would like to be able to get more midi inputs to this PC, What can I do?

DPDAN

Re: I need more midi ports

You might want to investigate MusicLab's "MIDIoverLAN CP" (Cross Platform).

There is even a demo version available:

http://www.musiclab.com/products/rpl_info.htm

Thank you Martin, I was hoping for a hardware device that could be installed in the back of the PC, something that would work along side of my RME card, and simply offer perhaps 2, 4 or maybe even 6 midi inputs.

You are a great help, thank you!
    DPDan

I've read criticisms of USB midi, but my midisport 2x4 never gives any problems or discernable latency. THere are many varieties available, 2x2, 4x4, etc.

The Fontier WaveCenter PCI has two MIDI ports and GSIF 2 drivers.

hey DPDAN ,

I have a similar setup as yourself. I am using GS 3.04 with RME digi 9652.
    I've been using MidioverLan cp ver 2 and it's been flawless so far.

best

Yves

Thanks guys, I'm not sure what to do. I would rather not use the midioverlan thing, just because of the bad reports I too have read. The midi sport sounds good, I am going to look into that. Thanks again everyone!

DPDAN

I am awaiting delivery of my new Carillon AC-1 Core 3 system, preloaded with GigaStudio3, Chicken Systems Translator Giga, and Steiberg Cubase SE. Instead of the WaveCenter/PCI, I decided to go with the Frontier Design's Dakota + Montana combination (2 internal cards), plus their Sierra 8 x 8 and Tango24 external rack-mounted units. This configuration came highly recommended. It hasn't arrived yet (any day now!), but I'll post a review as soon as it does. Information on the Frontier Designs components is available at http://www.frontierdesign.com/optionsapps.html.
    justin thyme

Dan,
    Are you needing Midi port's for EXTERNAL modules, or do you need them for virtual PC ?.... I still have quite a few external modules that I would like to incorporate, and was wondering about hardwire external ports...Maybe it's time to sell off some external modules, and just go virtual ...It sure is portable if go that route....Sincerely, Jim

Quote Originally Posted by synthnut
    Dan,
    Are you needing Midi port's for EXTERNAL modules, or do you need them for virtual PC ?.... I still have quite a few external modules that I would like to incorporate, and was wondering about hardwire external ports...Maybe it's time to sell off some external modules, and just go virtual ...It sure is portable if go that route....Sincerely, Jim
    Thanks Jim! I use Digital Performer on a Mac computer with Giga on PC. Sorry, I realize you already knew that. I am currently limited to two midi inputs because that is what the RME Hammerfall HDSP 9652 soundcard provides. I do not want another sound card, just another device that can either be installed in the PC with midi inputs on the back, (preferred) or a stand alone device that would connect via USB.
    That's what I would like anyway.
    Thanks everyone!
    DPDAN

Go Back to forum