• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Trumpet Audition Music

Share/Bookmark

Trumpet Audition Music

I was curious if anyone here has any recordings of the Charlier: 36 Etudes Transcendantes, or know of a site that has them? I have to Audition to the Florida State University on the second etude and I'm having a real hard time hearing some parts and a recording would be WONDERFUL. Please reply ASAP if possible my audition is in 2 weeks! Thanks.
    -Evan

Re: Trumpet Audition Music

http://www.frankmusiccompany.com/fmc533.html#Trumpet

Try these guys. They have eveything. I've bought all my sheet music from them for atl east 15 years.

Cheers

It sounds like he wants a recording - not sheet music. I looked for you on Napster, their new legal service, as this is where I get alot of my classical recordings at a push of a button - but they don't have it sorry. Neither does iTunes. Perhaps try a used CD store in your local area.
    Alan Lastufka | www.BelaDMedia.com
    Producer/Artistic Design | Content Producer

20 Things

I hope you find a recording! I'll be shocked if you can, though. If I'm thinking of the same Charlier etudes, they are more part of the teaching lit. than performing lit.

If I were you I'd try to connect wth the pro player/teacher you have around, and see if you can get some live listening in.

--Eric

Oh, recording. That'll teach me to only skim post in the future.

Sorry bud.

Jose

Evan,

Recordings of the Charlier and Bitsch Etudes were distributed to members of the International Trumpet Guild in the early-mid 90's. I have these recordings (I'm pretty sure I do anyway) but I don't think copying them would be legal. You may check at www.trumpetguild.org for any information. I'm sure you could email anyone there and they could help you. If you're not already a member, you should check it out.

I loved the second etude. Used it for several auditions while in college. Nice contrasting styles in that etude.

D. Sorah
    Donald W. Sorah
    Doctoral Teaching Assistant
    Florida State University
    Tallahassee, FL

I think sharing music for educational purposes is legal. So if you didn't feel uncomfortable with it maybe you send an email with the recording attached to it, or we could exchange through AIM. That would be awesome. But if you do feel uncomfortable with it, don't worry about it. Thanks either way

I think you'll find them at one of these places...

http://www.bflatmusic.com/charlier.html

http://abel.hive.no/trumpet/baldwin/

http://www.triplo.com/companion.html

Quote Originally Posted by Evan Gamble
    I was curious if anyone here has any recordings of the Charlier: 36 Etudes Transcendantes, or know of a site that has them? I have to Audition to the Florida State University on the second etude and I'm having a real hard time hearing some parts and a recording would be WONDERFUL. Please reply ASAP if possible my audition is in 2 weeks! Thanks.
    -Evan

Thanks A Bunch for the link on where to buy them! I'm going to wait a couple of days to see If I can just get the Second Etude before purchsing it cause I really dont feel like paying $40 for them all. But most likely I'll end up having too. Oh well

One last humble "bump" before I purchase them...

Go Back to forum