• Register
  • Help

Topic: Opportunity for Composer near Toronto

Share/Bookmark

Opportunity for Composer near Toronto

I have been reading here for sometime and am impressed with what I hear and what I read . It gave me an idea.

Would anyone living near Toronto ( I'm 20 minutes east) be interested in collaborating ? I don't mean compositionally really , it's more in shared arranging ideas. In other words sharing our knowledge and experience.

Now : HERE IS THE GOOD PART

I have a studio , yes a real studio in my home. It has been professionally done acoustically. If you use for example, hopefully, GPO, GOS , EWQL, Bela Media, KIrk Hunter solo strings, SAM Horns, GIGA 3 etc etc and importantly perhaps Cubase SX then you could come over and basically load what you have and continue and perhaps do a great recording.

If you also like/use piano then I have a treat for you. I have a Disklavier Grand and mic's a plenty.

I have some rare mic's like old Neumann U67 and AKG tube etc etc.

Myself? I write for piano and solo strings a fair amount and what I do is an ostensibly good mockup and then bring a real violinist or cellist and use these tremendous mic's.

So what I have a great real piano sound and great real solo strings against a backdrop of GOS and EWQL and SAM etc .... and GPO too ! esp the flute .

My purpose ? I'm sure you will be very superior at arranging certain things and I at other things so there's the possible benefit.

I wish I could offer this to many people but it's quite a commute from say, Denver.

Obviously it would be great if you are motivated to have works performed by a real orchestra but if you're interest is film then why not ?

Adriann

Cool Re: Opportunity for Composer near Toronto

I wish I could offer this to many people but it's quite a commute from say, Denver.

Sadly it's even more of a commute from over here in the UK

Sounds like you have an excellent setup. I don't know how the studio scene is in Toronto, but it can be hard to find a good studio here that know what they're doing.

I note that you have a Disklavier Grand...I've been seriously considering getting a Disklavier for a while now, would you recommend them?

Re: Opportunity for Composer near Toronto

I note that you have a Disklavier Grand...I've been seriously considering getting a Disklavier for a while now, would you recommend them?[/QUOTE]

I do recommend the Disklavier !! ( and I don't even work for Yamaha )

I have used so many sampled grands that I've lost count . Nothing is even within light years of this instrument. It is just amazing to have the pc interface and a high quality midi piano and I do mean high quality .
    Of course just press a button to have the real grand playing as well.

The silent mode is tremendous as well as you can play at any time of day or night and not be heard at all. Nice indeed .
    I knew that for finished work nothing would equal the real grand with a couple of good mic's.

Worth the investment !!
    Adriann

I've sent you a private message Adriann

Adriann

Welcome to the forum. It's great that you are here looking for someone to collaborate with. There are many talented people here and I hope someone rises to the occasion.

There are several musicians I known in the Totonto area I could contact. Then there's Styxx in Buffalo who could come your way by barrel over Niagra Falls.

Let us know how your collaboration goes.

Al the best,

Gary Garritan

Go Back to forum