• Register
  • Help

Topic: Give Spectrasonics its own forum!!!

Share/Bookmark

Give Spectrasonics its own forum!!!

honestly, 90% of the threads here have spectrasonics or RMX in the title. Maybe it's time they get their own forum. Leave the "Virtual Instruments" forum for discussion of other virtual instruments

Re: Give Spectrasonics its own forum!!!

Just FYI,

There IS a forum dedicated to just Spectrasonics:

http://launch.groups.yahoo.com/group...onics/messages

Just so you know, Northernsounds, KvR and many other Internet forums in various countries have kindly offered us an official company forum space...and we could also do this ourselves on our site, but we decided not to have an offical company forum.

The reason is that we can't guarantee that we'll always be available to respond....sometimes we get pretty busy making new things you know... ;-)

So instead, there are a number of really popular user run forums that we participate in quite often. The yahoo Spectrasonics Users group mentioned above is one of the most popular, but it's not official either. This general NS virtual instruments forum just happens to be where a lot of our longtime, loyal customers hang out, so the discussion often turns to Spectrasonics issues.

NS is one of my personal favorite forums to hang out on, since the intelligence level is a good bit higher than the average forum (and there's usually some funny stuff happening with all the crazy personalities here). So I'll answer Spectrasonics related questions whenever I can....but there's no guarantee that Glenn or I will be here to answer (we might go missing for a couple months or more...), so that's why there's not an official company forum like some of the other developers have here.

Hope that explains why it is the way it is....

All the best,

spectrum

Hi Eric,

I just got Atmosphere and Trilogy. I have just spent the last last few hours getting to know them, they're fabulous.

Cool!

Thanks! :-)

spectrum

Quote Originally Posted by epexegenesis
    honestly, 90% of the threads here have spectrasonics or RMX in the title. Maybe it's time they get their own forum. Leave the "Virtual Instruments" forum for discussion of other virtual instruments
    Maybe you should buy it too then you wouldn't feel "left out"

Smile Re: Give Spectrasonics its own forum!!!

Hey Eric

I still occasionally use some of my other VSTi's since I bought Atmosphere, Trilogy, RMX and so far two Expanders :>) But for the bases covered by Spectrasonics I don't really need much else.

I'm all for Spectrasonics having it's own forum, so that all the related information is in one place. Also, many of the other users offer good answers when you aren't available.

Your active presence on the forum is wonderful, but the thought that you're not availble because you're busy developing new products is even better.

I looked at the Yahoo User's Group and the layout here is much easier and faster to follow.

Boyd

Cool Re: Give Spectrasonics its own forum!!!

OK slay me now.........

Yahoo is the saddest excuse for a place to quickly access information that I have ever seen.

I appreciate Eric's logic, but you are leaning on a forum that is known as the world's most prolific and at the same time the world's most crippled form of viewing/searching/and user friendly interactive place to hang out.

Personally, it drives me nuts, but I can't change the thinking of the good folks at Spectrasonics. I whole-heartedly disagree with the publicly stated rationale for their decisions, but that's just me.

While they won't open their own forum, I will never understand their logic behind putting the bulk of their communications into a yahoo forum which is absolutely devoid of fluid continuity and efficiency when it comes to communicating with their customers.

Oh well, perhaps its some sort of unspoken allegiance to the moderators and originators of that forum, but I can't reconcile anything other than the fact that it's a misplaced allegiance at the expense of their customers.

Sorry, but I am crazy about Eric and Company, but when it comes to the dissociation of their commitment to efficiency in the e-community, I cannot reconcile this logic with a commitment to the greater good.

But I am one man and as unpopular as my opinion may be, it is nonetheless, mine. FWIW

I will agree that the Yahoo forums are the worst put together out there . I belong to 4 of them for various products I own but they are so hard to navigate I skip over them 99% of the time when I go through my forums folder !!

I still love my RMX though !

I agree about the Yahoo forum formatting too...

But you misunderstand my point....this is a USER run forum, not an official company forum. There is not an official company forum, so whenever we can, we hang out wherever our user congregate to discuss our instruments....which happens to be in many places. The Yahoo group is one of the largest, but we also hang out here, kvraudio.com, cubase.net, and other places on the net too.

All the best,

spectrum

Go Back to forum