• Register
  • Help

Topic: Editing samples?

Share/Bookmark

Editing samples?

Hi everyone,

I was wondering...

If I sign up for the full version of Kontakt, can I then edit GPO samples? I tried converting the GPO samples to soundfont format using CDXtract, and that produced an empty soundfont file, and the Awave converter (still) doesn't support NI's Kontakt format.

So I have to edit it with Kontakt, it seems. Maybe?

Regards,
    Lee
    There is nothing remarkable about it. All one has to do is hit the right notes at the right time and the instrument plays itself.
    -Bach

Re: Editing samples?

Quote Originally Posted by lee_merrill
    Hi everyone,

I was wondering...

If I sign up for the full version of Kontakt, can I then edit GPO samples? I tried converting the GPO samples to soundfont format using CDXtract, and that produced an empty soundfont file, and the Awave converter (still) doesn't support NI's Kontakt format.

So I have to edit it with Kontakt, it seems. Maybe?

Regards,
    Lee
    Lee, You can edit the programming in Kontakt but you cannot get at the samples to edit them nor convert them.

Gary Garritan

Re: Editing samples?

Thanks for the reply, Gary, I understand why it would be good to keep the samples that way. I will check to see what might be possible in the way of scripts, to do the same technique over and over again, in similar instances, such as sample switching and overlays, etc.

I just want to edit like a conductor! Instead of clicking every pixel, to draw a picture...

And speaking of lots of good effort, instead of just effort, I do appreciate the planning and work that's been put into the library...

Lee
    There is nothing remarkable about it. All one has to do is hit the right notes at the right time and the instrument plays itself.
    -Bach

Go Back to forum