• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: OT: What do you do when...

Share/Bookmark

OT: What do you do when...

you can't sleep, your (music) computer is down, you're home all alone and you're bored? Any suggestions? Please?? If someone doesn't come up with something soon, I may go nuts...

Re: OT: What do you do when...

I would love some time like that right now - I would spend it rereading "House of Leaves" by Mark Z. Danielewski - best book ever!

You'll understand the blue house when you pick up the book.
    Alan Lastufka | www.BelaDMedia.com
    Producer/Artistic Design | Content Producer

20 Things

I guess you could try to win post 48,000 . . .

Do you have any instruments to help relax yourself to sleep?

You could do my homework for me. I have to write a five-page paper that is due tomorrow morning, and I haven't started yet . . .
    Sean Patrick Hannifin
    My MP3s | My Melody Generator | my album
    "serious music" ... as if the rest of us are just kidding

Thanks for the reminder Alan, I still need to pick that book up.

I'm also a book reader, so that's what I do instead of composing anyway. Either that or write poetry or work on my novels. I have plenty to keep me busy instead of doing anything productive.

Thanks! I'll try to find that book this weekend it sounds interesting. I'm sorry, I'm sure that you wouldn't want me to do your homework for you...you should probably come up with a plan and fast...I do have a bamboo flute, but will wake the neighbors so I can't do that, these are all very good ideas, but I can't execute any of them at the current time. (stores are closed, neighbors are sleeping, done with school years ago..) Do you think that if I drink a lot of coffee that it will help? Maybe make myself sooo awake that I fall asleep?

You could try to solve the Reimann's Hypothesis . . .
    Sean Patrick Hannifin

I'm certain I can't explain it (but basically the hypothesis states all non-trivial zeros of the zeta function have real part one-half )

Don't you have any classical music cd's?
    Sean Patrick Hannifin

I'm sure that it would probably put me to sleep, but some things are meant to stay unknown... I think that this is one of them

Honestly, I'm not it a classical type of mood. For some reason, I'm wound like a drum, and if I had one, and the neighbors couldn't hear me I'd be letting the poor thing have it. I'm burned out on all of the CD's that I have, as I listen to them all of the time. There's nothing on TV so I can't do that. I guess that part of the problem is that I'm expecting the replacement parts for my computer tomorrow, and I'm really excited to get to work. I haven't been able to do anything musically for a few months now, and I have a constant stream of music in my head that doesn't go away. A few days ago, I woke up to a drumline. I thought that a marching band was outside (minus the band). Ok, you can call the guys with the white coats now.

For a breather and some new music check out the new Napster - 10 day free trial during which you can legally download as much as you'd like and listen to it from your machine. The first thing I did with my free trial was listen to Michael Jackson's "Thriller" album - I hadn't heard that in so long... it was fun. Now I use it to check out new bands before buying their albums, at $9.99 a month, if you choose to continue after the 10 day trial, it's a steal for getting as much legal music as your HDD can hold.
    Alan Lastufka | www.BelaDMedia.com
    Producer/Artistic Design | Content Producer

20 Things

Go Back to forum